[SOLVED] I've bought my first tablet... what apps should I install now?

kompot

Prominent
Aug 30, 2019
Hello guys,
I've bought my first tablet Huawei MediaPad T3 10 WiFi with Android 7.0 Nougat. I'll be using it for browsing the web and watching movies/videos. What apps should I install? I'm new into tablets and I don't have a clue. I hope you can share your knowledge :)

Thanks!

Reactions: Chris Fratach
Solution
Using your tablet, go to Google Play for a wide collection of Android apps ---- they are categorized to help you find what your looking for.

For antivirus I can't recommend one because I have never installed any antivirus app on my Android tablet. I had it for 8 years and it never got infected with any malware. Same with my Android phone, no AV installed and no malware issues at all (still using same phone and I've had it for at least 10 years.

However, there's a list of the best AV apps for android here:

https://www.techradar.com/uk/best/best-android-antivirus-app
Generally you should only install apps as and when you need them. You'll find that Android already has a many essential apps built-in for web-browsing & streamed video content like Youtube etc.

It's best to post when you aren't able to do something on your new tablet, or you need a specific app that you can't find - - - then we can help you with that.

Reactions: kompot

kompot

Prominent
Aug 30, 2019
It's best to post when you aren't able to do something on your new tablet, or you need a specific app that you can't find - - - then we can help you with that.
Ok, I'll be more specific:
What kind of antivirus app would you recommend?
What's the best ad blocker app?
Do you know easy to use image/photo editing app?

Using your tablet, go to Google Play for a wide collection of Android apps ---- they are categorized to help you find what your looking for.

For antivirus I can't recommend one because I have never installed any antivirus app on my Android tablet. I had it for 8 years and it never got infected with any malware. Same with my Android phone, no AV installed and no malware issues at all (still using same phone and I've had it for at least 10 years.

However, there's a list of the best AV apps for android here:

https://www.techradar.com/uk/best/best-android-antivirus-app

Reactions: kompot
Solution