[SOLVED] I've got a really strange problem with my GPU ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2024
The problem with my RX 580 GPU is that when I plug it in to my new motherboard and turn on the PC, the fans start to spin but theres nothing on the diplay and it's not even lit up. I've tried a old 660 Ti from my old PC and that works fine. I installed OS on my new system but still nothing is happening when I plug in my RX 580.
My current new pc except the gpu and cpu:

MBD: MSI A520M-A Pro
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X
XFX RX 580 8gb OC+
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2 x 16GB
PSU: Zeus 750w Bronze

steveb1976

Reputable
Oct 4, 2020
what connection port on the card are you using? dvi, hdmi, or displayport?

check you manual for the motherboard.. and see in the bios section if it mentions about "setting graphics to "eufi compatability" i had this issue last year with an xfx 580 and ,spahire rx580, on a msi board, i had to check and change the setting so i would detect card in bios (display drivers),, i cant remember exactly how i did it, but its in manual and online

steveb1976

Reputable
Oct 4, 2020
did you buy the xfx rx580 new or 2nd hand on ebay? if its 2nd hand(used) the chances are its been bios flashed for use with mining..... and why there is no display output.. ive fixied about 5 cards this year with same issue..

Reactions: St0inz
Sep 22, 2024
did you buy the xfx rx580 new or 2nd hand on ebay? if its 2nd hand(used) the chances are its been bios flashed for use with mining..... and why there is no display output.. ive fixied about 5 cards this year with same is

did you buy the xfx rx580 new or 2nd hand on ebay? if its 2nd hand(used) the chances are its been bios flashed for use with mining..... and why there is no display output.. ive fixied about 5 cards this year with same issue..
To be honest the guy that i got it from was using it i dont know for what, but when i installed it into my old system that was using a i7-2600 the gpu worked perfectly, but when i slaped it into my brand new system it wont even light up the screen, so now i'm thinking about flashing the bios but i'm scared because i dont know what im duing and scared of ruining the card, could you give me some tips on what to do or even better if you have to i could contatc you somehow? But yes i think he was mining and gaming on it, but the good side is tests say that gpu performs as intended and on my old system it never stuttered or showed any effects of ware and tear.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2024
Please clarify the type of video connection you are using and whether you are using any adapters

Please clarify the type of video connection you are using and whether you are using any adapters.
Since i have old monitors i was using vga to dvi and vga to hdmi, but both of the cables are fine and work properly, my intuition tells me that this is a bios problem becouse alot of online searching showed me that alot of msi mobos had a problem with specifically rx580 becouse of some bios thingy

Sep 22, 2024
Do you have a tv with hdmi to confirm this? Possibly the rx580 isn't agreeing with these adapters. Try a tv if you can to rule this out.
I will apologize to all for you on behalf of my stupidity, a software engineer student couldn't notice that a extension adapter was making this problem. I was using old monitors and needed to use vga to hdmi, but since plugging my new pc into an hdmi tv, everything works fine, i feel embarrassed. Thanks for all of your help guys i appreciate it.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Status
Not open for further replies.