Ive got win 7 on SSD dve C\ & progs on E\,

ron101

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
last week i got an answer to my question, but now there's another problem, i cleaned up E dve but i still have a problem with Firefox (the latest) it dont matter where i install it C or E it will not hold the tabs and windows after reboot, and Ive noticed it also happens when i just close it down in windows without a reboot, i ve done > options > general as a matter of course.

ron101

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010

ive tried all those i think ive got to reinstall windows 7 on the SSD C now it keeps locking up for 2 or 3 mins then it decides to go, on the ssd do i format first or do i go strait in over the top of the other win 7?

I wholehartedly recommend that you install W10 instead. You can use your 7 key while teh free upgrade offer is available(until the 29th). It's a far better OS and mandatory if you game as DX12 is exclusive to it.
Assuming you are on an intel platform, these are the steps you should take for optimum results:

Get the latest drivers from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25165/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver?product=55005
File: f6flpy-x64.zip. Unzip it to a folder on a USB drive(it can be teh one with windows on it).

Disconnect all the drives except the one you're installing to, then go into the BIOS and under "boot" disable CSM and enable "secure boot".

Start the install and when it asks where to install hit "have disk" and point it to the folder you put the above files in.

then hit shift +f10 then:
diskpart
list disk
select disk x(x beeing the drive you are installing to)
clean
convert gpt
exit
exit

then hit refresh and select "create" to make a partition for windows as big as you require it. windows will create several partitions and auto-select the proper one to install to.

WARNING: this will erase all partitions and data on the drive