[SOLVED] I've had this issue for months that when I'm playing a game I randomly disconnect for about 10-15s and then its fine again.

Nuplar

Honorable
Mar 26, 2019
I've had this issue for months that when im playing a game i randomly disconnect for about 10-15s and then its fine again. Sometimes it happens frequently and sometimes it doesnt happen but once and hour. I've had very few occasions were its never happened at least once in a day. My internet is fine other than those disconnects though. I never get ping spikes or lag issues at all unless its the disconnects. Sometimes it completely disconnects me from a game and other times everything freezes for 10-15s. Eventually the game catches back up and goes back to normal.

Its not the ethernet cable. I unplugged it and it happened on wireless too.
I had a guy from my ISP come out and he said there was nothing wrong with the router in the house and that its most likely not on their side.
Could it be my motherboard chipset that is causing it??

Specs:

Motherboard - MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE
GPU - RTX 2080Ti
CPU - i9-9900K
PSU - ToughPower 1200W
RAM - 32GB Gskill TridentZ

Solution
I've had this issue for months that when im playing a game i randomly disconnect for about 10-15s and then its fine again. Sometimes it happens frequently and sometimes it doesnt happen but once and hour. I've had very few occasions were its never happened at least once in a day. My internet is fine other than those disconnects though. I never get ping spikes or lag issues at all unless its the disconnects. Sometimes it completely disconnects me from a game and other times everything freezes for 10-15s. Eventually the game catches back up and goes back to normal.

I had a guy from my ISP come out and he said there was nothing wrong with the router in the...

I had a guy from my ISP come out and he said there was nothing wrong with the router in the house and that its most likely not on their side.
Could it be my motherboard chipset that is causing it??

Specs:

Motherboard - MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE
GPU - RTX 2080Ti
CPU - i9-9900K
PSU - ToughPower 1200W
RAM - 32GB Gskill TridentZ
Try this step by step (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (not on safe mode, normal windows, clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors and the chipset in system device (if available) on device manager (should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png

Chipset(skip if there is none):
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings, then save and exit

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (don't reboot) and Lan driver, and open cmd and do this command:

ipconfig /release and press Enter -> Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter -> Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter. (This will stall for a moment.) -> Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter. (Don’t restart yet.) ->Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter. then exit cmd, then reboot the pc, and connect to internet. Also optional: for ipv4 dns, on network settings change 1.1.1.1 primary dns and 1.0.0.1 secondary dns. for ipv6 use 2606:4700:4700::1111 for primary and 2606:4700:4700::1001 for secondary

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

• Shut down your pc, and take off the ram and gpu, clean their contacts, and plug them back carefully, also for the gpu pcie power cabling, see the bottom picture below.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Enable hardware accelerated graphics scheduling (available in the latest windows update) in graphics settings and reboot, it should be like this:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Last edited:
Solution