Question I've just clean-installed Windows and my graphics card is absolutely "gone"

May 22, 2019
Hello, first time posting here. So recently I decided to downgrade from Win10 back to Win7 because of performance/convenience. What happened upon finishing the installation is that I had to manually install network driver (which I don't ever remember doing before). Seemed weird, was like whatever, that's done and working. But then I noticed my Aero was off. Took a minute of looking around to realise that I'm now using the built in (?) graphics (Standard VGA Graphics Adapter). I've googled around, checked hidden devices, tried installing geforce experience, nvidia drivers, etc etc. Nothing worked. I'm using geforce gt 730, and it worked like a charm prior to this occurence (when I upgraded from win7 to win10, everything was smooth, and I didn't have to deal with any drivers or such on my own).

I'm wondering why this happened and is there a way to fix it, because even google failed me on this one.

PS I did try to reset BIOS settings, didn't help either.

EDIT: My graphics card is working. The fan is on. The monitor is plugged in it and all that jam. It's just that windows absolutely refuses to acknowledge its presence software-wise.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You might want to make sure you've performed a BIOS update for your motherboard(if there are any pending) and then performing a Windows update. Which driver version are you on for your GPU?

May 22, 2019
Hey, yeah, my bad I didn't post the specs, here they are:
intel i5 750
hewlett-packard 304Bh
12gb ram
nvidia geforce gt 730
windows 7

I'm pretty sure I tried installing those, Rob. It just seems to no avail :(