my laptop has been running slow, so i wanted to reset it back to its original
state by running 2 reload cds which came with it. the first cd loaded ok but
the second crashed, i wanted to start from the beginning again but can't. i
now have an empty shell for a computer.

murderer wrote:
> my laptop has been running slow, so i wanted to reset it back to its original
> state by running 2 reload cds which came with it. the first cd loaded ok but
> the second crashed, i wanted to start from the beginning again but can't. i
> now have an empty shell for a computer.

What do you mean "the second one crashed?"

Did it report an error, did the PC crash, did the CD drive stop working?

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

murderer wrote:

> my laptop has been running slow, so i wanted to reset it back to its original
> state by running 2 reload cds which came with it. the first cd loaded ok but
> the second crashed, i wanted to start from the beginning again but can't. i
> now have an empty shell for a computer.

You might want to contact the laptop manufacturer's tech support.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

On Tuesday 13 September 2005 09:46 am, murderer had this to say in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:

> my laptop has been running slow, so i wanted to reset it back to its
> original state by running 2 reload cds which came with it. the first cd
> loaded ok but the second crashed, i wanted to start from the beginning
> again but can't. i now have an empty shell for a computer.

Install Linux on that computer and you will be very pleased.

--
Now this is Eye-Candy! Most beautiful desktop in the world.
Checkout ELive - a live Linux CD - run R17

"Z" wrote:

> murderer wrote:
> > my laptop has been running slow, so i wanted to reset it back to its original
> > state by running 2 reload cds which came with it. the first cd loaded ok but
> > the second crashed, i wanted to start from the beginning again but can't. i
> > now have an empty shell for a computer.
>
> What do you mean "the second one crashed?"
>
> Did it report an error, did the PC crash, did the CD drive stop working?

the cd drive stopped working

murderer wrote:
>>>my laptop has been running slow, so i wanted to reset it back to its original
>>>state by running 2 reload cds which came with it. the first cd loaded ok but
>>>the second crashed, i wanted to start from the beginning again but can't. i
>>>now have an empty shell for a computer.

>>What do you mean "the second one crashed?"
>>Did it report an error, did the PC crash, did the CD drive stop working?

> the cd drive stopped working

Ok, so why not replace it?