Question I've messed up controller hub

supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
Hello i was building today in Asus GT 301 case,and since i was in hurry i managed to connect wrong rgb connector into a fan hub,instead of fan port itself,and therefore i managed to fry controller,fans spin but there is no light of any kind due to my mistake,so i wonder is there some replacement for it? thanks

you will need to determine if it is the fans, the hub, or a motherboard port that is actually damaged.

if the fans' LEDs are blown, they will need to be replaced.
if the hub's circuit is fried, it can be replaced.
if a motherboard port is damaged, you can either use a different available port or replace the motherboard.

supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
Nah
you will need to determine if it is the fans, the hub, or a motherboard port that is actually damaged.

if the fans' LEDs are blown, they will need to be replaced.
if the hub's circuit is fried, it can be replaced.
if a motherboard port is damaged, you can either use a different available port or replace the motherboard.
Well i was controlling rgb lights with the switch,since my B450 mortar max doesn't have 3pin 5v connector at first place,and i've tried fans themselves at various ports they spin,but there are no lights,and the controller is fried,like it smells like burned electronics so imma asume is that :)

supersteff95

Reputable
Nov 16, 2019
The only catch is that i can't try and test it and clarify does rgb work or nah,i mean im fine with no lights aint that big of a deal to me but its pity since i know i've ruined it juust because i was hasty

Reactions: Why_Me