Question I've never owned a fanless PC. What can you tell me about the temps of Brix GB-BMPD-6005 Mini-PC ?

Jun 13, 2022
My father is 75 now and his cable TV provider just went out of business, so instead of signing up with another one I'd like to buy him a barebones Brix, install Remix OS (or another Android-esque OS) and some free TV apps onto it and connect it to his digital TV. The apps would run (ONE AT A TIME!) at 720p, because of the weaksauce internet, but he doesn't mind, since all TV is poop anyway. Also he would use YouTube, Skype and browse the internet on it now. The PC won't be used for gaming, except maaaaaybe some C64 emulation, for him.

Ideally, I'd really like to get a fanless PC for this job, because all the PCs I've had over these past several decades I've had to retire because of discontinued socket standards for coolers, and I'd like it to last for more than, like, five years. And, also, as someone who suffers from constant, cacofonous, asymetrical forms of tinnitus in both ears, has to keep his PC in another room, behind a closed door and use extension cables, the constant daily whooshing is a definite minus.

Will this work? Temperature-wise? Will the Gigabyte Brix GB-BMPD-6005 be able to handle this strain on a daily basis and what will the temperatures be?