I've ordered my new hardware upgrades! :-)

dallas

"Lawn Dart"
> I'm so excited! I'll finally be able to use nice water enhancements!

Of course you'll love it... and it shouldn't be a major headache to
install.

Do you have a grounding wrist strap? Ya don't wanna zap one of your new
components. :)

Dalli

Hi Melissa... You sure did your homework very well. You should be very proud!

Cheers!

Bill (using a HP AMD 1.2GHZ & Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within Word 2000

Good going Mel;
This should make a big difference for you, especially with the scenery you
enjoy so much. The airplanes should be smoother as well.
Don't forget; with all this new computer speed and power you're getting,
there might be an "adjustment period" where things take a bit of getting
used to.
That Cub will most likely now have a cruising speed around mach 1, and your
email will probably be sent out before you finish writing it :))))
Dudley

> Hi Dudley,
>
> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 18:43:19 GMT, you wrote:
>
>> This should make a big difference for you, especially with the
>> scenery you enjoy so much. The airplanes should be smoother as
>> well.
>
> Indeed! I'm really looking forward to the improvements.
>
>> Don't forget; with all this new computer speed and power you're
>> getting, there might be an "adjustment period" where things take a
>> bit of getting used to.
>
> I guess I'll just have to do my best to cope with it. ;-)
>
>> That Cub will most likely now have a cruising speed around mach 1,
>> and your email will probably be sent out before you finish writing
>> it :))))
>
> Hee hee! My email already does get sent before I finish writing it!
> This is probably a good thing for the readers of it though, as I
> often suffer from a condition known as "sound-byte challenged". :)

I just hope you don't develop my "computer illness". My wife calls it the
"Dud syndrome" :) It happens when you write a long letter explaining to
someone all about the attachment you forgot to attach when you sent it!!
:))

> Hi Dudley,
>
> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 19:12:17 GMT, you wrote:
>
>> I just hope you don't develop my "computer illness". My wife calls
>> it the "Dud syndrome" :) It happens when you write a long letter
>> explaining to someone all about the attachment you forgot to attach
>> when you sent it!!
>
> So can I blame you for passing along a bit of that particular illness?
> Of course, I've been known to take it a step further...
>
> I write an email apologizing for not sending the promised attachment
> with the previous message, and again, forget to attach it to the
> present apology message! Hee hee! :)

I've done that one too!! I wonder what the record is for doing this? :))

crash

Dudley Henriques wrote:

> I've done that one too!! I wonder what the record is for doing this?

Doing what??? d:->))

"CRaSH" <sorry@aint-here.spam.com> wrote in message
> Dudley Henriques wrote:
>

>> I've done that one too!! I wonder what the record is for doing this?
>
> Doing what??? d:->))

Doing that!! :)

Propwash

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005

Hey CRaSH,

Just read the folowing paragraph I've included below. I copied from a
medical journal explaing this:

Propwash

Excellent upgrade. You should be pleased one you get all the software tweaked again!

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message news:u3g26in68oz1$.dlg@uni-berlin.de...

LD,

Kewl. Yewl love it. It will be so much smoother...no frames freezing for 2
or 3 seconds...and....:)...no more "lawn darts"!!

:)

Mr. Steve of who knows where yet - K???

"Lawn Dart" <willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote in message

Hey Melissa... I just thought of something. Are you going to be offline
while your computer is being updated?

Cheers!

Bill (using a Toshiba 2595XDVD & Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within Word 2000

Lawn Dart wrote:

Congrats, and good luck Melissa!
I love messing around with computer hardware, sounds like this guy does as
well!
I just ain't happy unless I am tinkering with something...

Plus, to have friends to offer you spares to use if needed, pretty
incredible group here!

--
Don Burnette

"When you decide something is impossible to do, try to stay out of the
way of the man that's doing it."

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:20:04 -0800

Hi Bill,

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 00:40:56 GMT, you wrote:

> Are you going to be offline while your computer is being updated?

Yes, but in most cases when this guy does something like this for
me, he picks it up in the morning, and returns it by evening. The
longest I ever had to wait was two days, and that was only because
he had to be out of town unexpectedly on one of those days! :)

Hi Melissa... Wow that sounds like a great guy! I do all of my own work
and all that is going to be done with your computer, but doing it all in
one day would be very tough for me. Let me know if he actually pulls it
off that fast. As I believe I am really good, but this guy just might
have me beat.

I was going to offer you one of my laptops, if you promised to send it
back. But it sounds like you are going to be in fine shape anyway. As I
have 4 Windows computers here (5 if you count one W95 machine that
rarely if ever gets fired up). So it doesn't bother me if one, two, or
three computers fail all at the same time (as what's the odds of that
happening anyway?). As I still have a forth one that I can still do my
work on.

Although what I recommend to everybody is that they have at least a
spare computer around. It would be nice to use this one every few weeks
just to update it and transfer some backups to it. And it doesn't have
to be a powerful computer either. That way if the worst ever happens to
your favorite, you still have a backup.

Don't worry, I'll be okay. I'll just have another excuse to get out
in my boat! :)

I'd love to go in my boat. It's just too cold around here yet. Maybe in
May though. How in the heck do you go in your boat now? Is the western
coast that nice already? As those of us around the Great Lakes still
have to wait awhile yet.

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 04:15:23 GMT, you wrote:

> Hi Melissa... Wow that sounds like a great guy!

He is! :) I keep bugging him to take more time off, as he is a bit
of a workaholic. In fact, it was he who first mentioned fs2004 to me
in the midst of a casual conversation. I was really busy during that
time and didn't think much about it, but a few months later, I was
Christmas shopping at a computer store, and I saw this one lonely tin
box containing the same program that Mike (my computer guy) had
mentioned (fs2004!). It was the only one in stock, so I thought I'd
just pick it up and see what it was about. I took it to the counter,
and the clerk suggested I get a joystick as well, so grabbed one of
those. This was the beginning of the slippery slope! :)

Hee hee...perhaps Mike mentioned the flight sim to me because he knew
that someday, I'd be wanting a hardware upgrade, and that I'd
probably come see him about it! :)

> I do all of my own work and all that is going to be done with your
> computer, but doing it all in one day would be very tough for me.
> Let me know if he actually pulls it off that fast. As I believe I
> am really good, but this guy just might have me beat.

He's certainly the best of his kind that I've encountered. He spent
many years being in charge of the computer networks at Boeing in
Seattle...everything from mainframes to the PCs and Macs, so he seems
to know what he's doing. He's constantly renewing and upgrading his
various certifications as well, so that he can keep up with all the
latest developments. And, he's a very nice guy! He still needs to
take more holidays though! :)

> I was going to offer you one of my laptops, if you promised to send
> it back. But it sounds like you are going to be in fine shape
> anyway.

That's very nice of you, but yes, I'll be just fine. :)

> Although what I recommend to everybody is that they have at least a
> spare computer around.

I have an old 386 laptop with DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.1 on it, and it
still works! It still has the old Chessmaster 3000 on it, which I
used to play while flying around on tour. Is this enough of a backup?
;-) It was pretty "high tech" and fancy in its day!

> I'd love to go in my boat. It's just too cold around here yet. Maybe
> in May though. How in the heck do you go in your boat now? Is the
> western coast that nice already? As those of us around the Great
> Lakes still have to wait awhile yet.

If the water isn't frozen, it's paddling season! I love all sorts of
weather to, so a bit of rain, hail, snow, and wind doesn't bother me
at all; in fact, I love the variety. Unfortunately, we've been having
a few years of unnaturally mild winters, and this has been the worst
so far in this regard. I really miss our usual big winter storms
with their lovely waves.

My little corner of the Pacific Ocean doesn't freeze, so paddling
season is year 'round (at least according to me). Aside from the few
local fishermen, I'm the only boater I see on these waters in winter,
unless some of my paddling friends are visiting. Usually it's just me
and the whales, and that's fine with me! :)

- --
Melissa

PGP Public Keys: http://www.willkayakforfood.tk

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:22:54 -0800, Lawn Dart
<willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> wrote:

[snip]
>> Do you have a grounding wrist strap? Ya don't wanna zap one of your
>> new components. :)
>
>I've heard that I could really fry my machine if I'm not careful in
>this regard. Eek! I don't have a strap like that now, but I'll
>definitely look into it for future use. Thanks for mentioning it!
>:)

Piece of advice I was given years ago by a guy who worked on PC's for
a living: leave the mains lead plugged in but off at the wall (keeps
the earth intact) and if you haven't got a grounding strap, keep your
wrist resting on bare metal.

I've (touch wood) never blown up a PC, or fryed myself, following that
advice.

Carl
--
Support the Blue Ribbon Campaign for free speech online ()
http://www.eff.org/blueribbon.html /\

Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:56:29 -0800

Hi Melissa... Your friend Mike sounds a lot like me. There is a lot of
satisfaction of being a workaholic. As you can accomplish what only
others have only dreamed of doing. There are many times that I'll be so
involved with something that I'll forget to eat or sleep for a couple of
days. People ask me how can I do that? I just don't know, as it just
seems only natural to me.

The flip side is no family, no relationships, etc. Which I guess makes
one not very normal. Is this practice a good thing? It's hard to say for
me. As there is always a trade off for everything.

> Although what I recommend to everybody is that they have at least a
> spare computer around.

I have an old 386 laptop with DOS 6.22 and Windows 3.1 on it, and
it still works! It still has the old Chessmaster 3000 on it, which
I used to play while flying around on tour. Is this enough of a
backup? ;-) It was pretty "high tech" and fancy in its day!

I remember someone here talking about their 386 laptop about a year or
two ago. Was that you? Well anyway I was thinking of something a bit
more modern. Like a Pentium II or better. But I have to admit, if you
have nothing else for a backup, one might get by with a 386.

Chessmaster 3000??? Gosh I haven't heard that name in years. I had
Chessmaster 2000 first and then later I purchased 3000. I also bought
BattleChess. Wow! I didn't know how violent BattleChess was! Blood and
guts everywhere! Played one game of it and that was enough of it for me.
And it sat in my CD pile ever since. Thanks goodness those nightmares
have stopped too.

If the water isn't frozen, it's paddling season! I love all sorts
of weather to, so a bit of rain, hail, snow, and wind doesn't
bother me at all; in fact, I love the variety. Unfortunately, we've
been having a few years of unnaturally mild winters, and this has
been the worst so far in this regard. I really miss our usual big
winter storms with their lovely waves.

My little corner of the Pacific Ocean doesn't freeze, so paddling
season is year 'round (at least according to me). Aside from the
few local fishermen, I'm the only boater I see on these waters in
winter, unless some of my paddling friends are visiting. Usually
it's just me and the whales, and that's fine with me! :)

Gosh that is amazing Melissa. I don't know if others are starting to see
you this way or not. But braving the Pacific Ocean in icy waters along
with the whales. And being a bush pilot and all. I'm starting to picture
you as one of those Amazon Women I've only read about.

Cheers!

Bill (using a Toshiba 2595XDVD & Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within Word 2000

Melissa,

Where did you order your video card from??? I am thinking of upgrading my
video card, I have got a Visiontek GF2 MX400 right now. I think it is time
to upgrade to go with the rest of my puter.

THANKS,
Mark

--
To reply by email remove the (nospam)