[SOLVED] i've recently purchased an gtx 1660 ti graphics card. im only able to run 100fps in fortnite or my game will crash+none of the graphics will load in.

Mar 22, 2020
fortnite is not able to render in any textures above 100 fps at lowest settings. also, it was easily running prior to the latest windows update at 280 fps+. could someone please help figure out what the issue is. the pc is also running slow and im getting blurry screens consistently now when I power my pc on,

Solution
fortnite is not able to render in any textures above 100 fps at lowest settings. also, it was easily running prior to the latest windows update at 280 fps+. could someone please help figure out what the issue is. the pc is also running slow and im getting blurry screens consistently now when I power my pc on,

If it was just a gaming issue, I would blame it on a faulty driver, in which case an uninstall and reinstall of it could perhaps solve the issue. However, since you mentioned getting less performance after the latest windows update, it could be the update itself that it causing the issue. There have been many posts about update, for example, KB4551762, that is causing a lot of users to experience reduced performance in...

If it was just a gaming issue, I would blame it on a faulty driver, in which case an uninstall and reinstall of it could perhaps solve the issue. However, since you mentioned getting less performance after the latest windows update, it could be the update itself that it causing the issue. There have been many posts about update, for example, KB4551762, that is causing a lot of users to experience reduced performance in games and in overall usage of your computer.

Here are the links to two articles about it:
https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/03/17/windows-10-kb4551762-new-issues/
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...curity-update-fails-to-install-causes-issues/

Solution