I've tried EVERYTHING, system still won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskoler

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
So I just finished building a new extreme budget computer, and I have tried everything here, but it still shows no signs of life whatsoever.

Specs:
Pentium G3220
MSI H81M-P33
4GB Adata RAM
Corsair CX430M
1TB Seagate HDD

I tried plugging in a known-to-be-working Antec Neo Eco 520W PSU, and still nothing. I just cannot figure this one out. This is also the fourth system I've built, so I'm not a complete noob. Please help me!

try to isolate the problem. one of the things that you can do is to remove the other parts. just leave the basic things.
say if you have 2 sticks of rams, just use one for now., remove extra hdd if you have them, sound cards, even gpu (use the built-in)

you can even just leave the cpu and board (plus psu of course), then turn it on. you should hear some beep errors (since you dont have any ram sticks installed), then work your way up

cskoler

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011

I've tried booting with as little as just the motherboard and CPU, but no matter what, literally nothing happens. No lights, no beeps from the speaker, no fans turning on, nothing. And I've tried using a screwdriver to connect the power pins on the motherboard. Still nothing.

coolsjc52

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
Had a similar problem with a rig at work. Popped the cooler off and took out the CPU and 10ish pins on the MOBO CPU socket were bent to hell. Not saying that's your problem, and I would think it would still beep at you but it is what it is. I'll never know if that was the only issue, we ended up having to scrap the MOBO.

Chaoss

Honorable
May 3, 2013
I had a similar issue and thought it was my PSU, so returned it only to find when I recieved the replacement that I still had the issue.

The issue sounds like there's something shorting the motherboard -OR- the motherboard is completely 100% dead and needs replacing.

tldr: it's the motherboard!

Quetzalcuotl

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013

I am having the same problem with this man, but my specs is lower. I already change my motherboard with the lower one, but still, it won't work.. if you have time, please help me too ll.. please go here

Status
Not open for further replies.