Question I've tried everything

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 12, 2020
Hello humans,

I have literally tried almost every way to fix my PC. When I first built my PC a month ago everything worked out fine. However, around the time I switched my monitor from 60hz to 144hz four of my games began to crash. All four of those games crash very consistently. Apex Legends crashes before it gets to the lobby. Spellbreak and R6 Siege crash a minute into actual gameplay. Lastly, Pacify from Steam crashes around ten minutes into the game. For all of these games only the game closes. The PC has never crashed completely. To remedy this, I have:

redownloaded my graphics drivers
restarted my PC
Ran the windows diagnostic on my Ram and it came out clean
updated windows
tried running siege in windows mode
uninstalled all my antivirus apps

I am running:
Ryzen 5 3600x 3.8Ghz
Wraith Stealer Stock Cooler
MSI b550 Gaming Edge(Wifi)
Geforce RTX 2070 (I didnt overclock it)
16gb 3200 RAM
500gb NVME SSD
2TB HD
Powerspec 550 watt 80+ Bronze

Update: Valorant, a game that has always worked, has now stopped working. Doesnt crash but I cant even load the game

Last edited:
welp i got the rm850x but my games still crash. literally nothing changed so thats great. Literally have no idea what to do next:neutral:

You did not answer my question if setting the system back to 60hz stops it from crashing. You don't need to change the monitor, just set it to 60hz.
Did you try removing the video drivers and re-installing them clean? The DDU program is good for that https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html Uninstall the drivers normally from the installed programs in Windows, then run DDU, then install the drivers again.

Nov 12, 2020
You did not answer my question if setting the system back to 60hz stops it from crashing. You don't need to change the monitor, just set it to 60hz.
Did you try removing the video drivers and re-installing them clean? The DDU program is good for that https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html Uninstall the drivers normally from the installed programs in Windows, then run DDU, then install the drivers again.

to answer ur question, no it does not stop the games from crashing