Ivy Bridge LGA 1155 Pin Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihog

Distinguished
I am trying to understand what each individual "pin" on the underside of the processor does, because I have some slightly bent pins on my motherboard (my fault, can't RMA) and 2 of my RAM slots are not working. I want to be sure that the CPU socket pins are the cause of the problem before I begin attempting to straighten out the pins. I've found the Sandy Bridge LGA 1155 pin layout, but I'm not sure if the layout is exactly the same as Ivy Bridge's. After searching all last night for a chart of some sort for Ivy Bridge's pins, I've got nothing, so I am hoping someone here can find one or help me find one.

So, two possible questions:

Are the pin layouts of LGA 1155 socket Ivy Bridges and Sandy Bridges exactly the same?

If not, can someone please point me in the direction of an Ivy Bridge pin layout?

Also, this is the layout of Sandy Bridge:
pins_sandyamb4.png

ihog

Distinguished

darkspartenwarrior

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

Considering Ivy is a Sandy Die shrink and the fact they use the same socket, the pins should be the exact same.

Anyway have you tried the credit card trick, http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-Bent-Pins-on-a-CPU

do that except on the socket not the CPU.

Whatever you do fix the pins before usage, because power still goes to those unusued bent pins, and that'll cause an arc/short in the future.

Good luck!

ihog

Distinguished
Thank you. I'm ready with knowledge on fixing bent pins, and I've done it before, albeit on AM3+, which is much more straightforward in that regard. My concern is that even if one "pin" (they're really more like pads on the CPU) on the underside of my 3570K does something different than Sandy Bridge, that might give me an incorrect diagnosis, so I want to be 100% sure.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.