Ivy Bridge Mobo Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roltont

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Hi.
I'm starting to build a gaming rig and i've decided to go with an Ivy Bridge build. I'm just curious as to which motherboard to buy, by specs and reviews. It's more than primarily going to be used for Gaming. I want to CrossfireX my two HD 6850's. I'm going to be running a SSD & HDD (SataIII). So far i have an NZXT Phantom case and Couagar SX700 PSU. Also looking for a couple of USB 3.0 in the back and a header on the board. I don't know much about MOBO's and any help would be appreciated. I'm also probably going to run 16gb of Gskill Sniper 2133 to start as well.

Thanks for any info you may have. Any other suggestions would be more than welcome.

Solution
At this time we have not officially stated if any of our "6" series chipsets are going to support our 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processors. There will most likely be an announcement on this issue in the near future.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
At this time we have not officially stated if any of our "6" series chipsets are going to support our 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processors. There will most likely be an announcement on this issue in the near future.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

Solution

Roltont

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Thanks for both responses. I suppose i should have waited until CES *Facepalm*
The Z77 Mobo's are looking really nice. Guess i'll just wait to the processors are officially announced to worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.