IWILL KA266-R Motherboard

G

has anyone found any problems with this motherboard and the chipsets?

mpjesse

Splendid
I have the KA266 variant (w/o RAID) and it runs flawlessly. I did have one problem and it was a bad CMOS battery- IWill replaced it with a new one OVERNIGHT. No bullshit. Other than that this baby is stable at a 136mhz FSB on a T-bird 800 oc'd to 952mhz... i haven't pushed any further with the FSB though...

-MP Jesse

bw37

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2001
:redface: Correction: I ordered the KK266-R w/Via KT133A (133SDR) vs. the KA266 w/Ali Magic (266DDR). I misread the post title and wusy's response (A7V133 is also a Via based SDR133 board). I decided I couldn't afford the PC2100 memory price, and couldn't wait for it to fall (my build window is closing). As posted elsewhere, however, the KA266 is the board that Xi is using in their DDR systems. It may not be the top performer, but it is available now, and is at least stable enough to make it through the reviews.

BW

PS: I didn't have any free, PC2100 memory looking for a home like some folks, eh MP?

the more I learn, the less I'm sure I know... :eek:

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Been running the KK266 for around 3 weeks and I like it, I like it very much, oh did I not mention
that I like it? Very stable and the built in sound chip is much better than I thought, supports 4 speakers. Very stable with Radeon in AGP4x mode and easy to overclock the cpu.

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I read a couple of reviews about the KK-266 both of which were very favorable. It performs quite well. The only complaint (other than that it is not jumperless) is that it does not support some advanced memory settings like 4-way interleave. Has this been addressed with BIOS updates?

Also, have you overclocked the FSB beyond 133 mhz? If so how far did you get?