G

I am running an Iwill KK266plus motherboard. After I assembled the computer, when I turn it on, the error beep begins and continues to beep at constant intervals. The monitor is not initialized so I am not sure what the problem is. I tried disconnecting my hard drive, CD Rom, and CD burner, but the beeping continued. The BIOS does not initialize and my video card and network card seem to be working properly also. I've rechecked all of my connections so that does not seem to be the problem. If you don't know what the problem is, are there more things I can check to see if I can find out what it is?

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Make sure if you havn't:
1. That your IDE cables are plugged in the right way (ide port and device).
2. Floppy cable plugged in the right way on the drive and mobo.
3. I once had a bad IDE cable that prevented my computer from booting once. A real ah heck to find. Disconnect IDE cable to CD-Rom and try another cable for your hard drive.
4. Reseat your memory.
5. Reseat your video card.

Test out your memory, video card etc. in another computer if you can.
Start eliminating components so that you can isolate the cause.
What size PowerSupply do you have by the way?
What cpu do you have installed Duron/T-Bird and at what speed? L1 Bridges closed by you?

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Go <A HREF="http://support.iwill.net/beep.htm" target="_new">here</A> to see exactly what the beeps mean. You should figure out what the problem is.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>