iZettle Mobile Payment Device Heads for UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
as if the majors weren't enough, not the "everyman" can get raped by credit card fees. No real improvement here, just the same in a new place. But at least it's not paypal.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Looks incredibly bulky compared to PayPal's 'here' device, which is also free rather than £20 and 2.4% instead of this system's 2.75% of each transaction.

duffpaul

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
Well, to be honest both iZettle and PayPal Here's device both look bulky and an inconvenience to someone like myself who likes my "mobile" devices to be really handy and slim. I prefer mPowa (www.mpowa.com) in the UK.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]duffpaul[/nom]Well, to be honest both iZettle and PayPal Here's device both look bulky and an inconvenience to someone like myself who likes my "mobile" devices to be really handy and slim. I prefer mPowa (www.mpowa.com) in the UK.[/citation]
True, but one is still almost 3 times the size of the other and costs an initial £20 less to buy and .35% less to use.
An NFC based system would be nice (and no dongle needed except with apple phones) but its still too new to have had its security model to be adequately tested and locked down.

Status
Not open for further replies.