[SOLVED] Jagged lines after installing Geforce gt 730 graphics driver

May 18, 2020
I have recently installed gt 730 graphics driver but after installing the driver, fonts became jagged and the display looked to sharp. 1080p videos are looking like 480p or 360p video.
I have tried changing the 3d settings in Nvidia control panel but nothing's working.
Changing settings in advanced system settings. And updated the drivers to latest version.
My pc specs are-- i5-3470t(2.8)ghz, Geforce Gt 730, windows 10 64bit
Do anyone have a solution??

Solution
I actually switched to a new cpu in which there was windows 7 preinstalled. I upgraded it to windows 10 64bit. But the jagged fonts and display was also present in windows 7. My pc is connected to the monitor through a hdmi cable as my graphics card only supports hdmi cable. Could this be the cause of the problem?

Often digital connections looks "sharper" or with more prominent edges than VGA connections. Playing around with the brightness and contrast a bit tends to make them smoother. Also depends on the screen you are using, I have seen some older screens, especially 720 ones that are basically TVs, look bad when on digital inputs.
May 18, 2020
what was the old gpu?
I actually switched to a new cpu in which there was windows 7 preinstalled. I upgraded it to windows 10 64bit. But the jagged fonts and display was also present in windows 7. My pc is connected to the monitor through a hdmi cable as my graphics card only supports hdmi cable. Could this be the cause of the problem?

Last edited:

Often digital connections looks "sharper" or with more prominent edges than VGA connections. Playing around with the brightness and contrast a bit tends to make them smoother. Also depends on the screen you are using, I have seen some older screens, especially 720 ones that are basically TVs, look bad when on digital inputs.

Solution
May 18, 2020
I used a hdmi to vga converter and now the display is just fine😃 Thanks for your suggestions.
what the monitor? test with a different montior?
The problem was actually with the hdmi.

I used a hdmi to vga converter and now the display is just fine😃 Thanks for your suggestions.

The problem was actually with the hdmi.

What you did was convert the digital hdmi signal to an analog vga, technically you introduced noise in the signal which made it look better to you since it also smoothed out the sharp digital display. It's not really an issue with HDMI, you were just used to seeing it how the analog connection showed it to you.

Last edited:
May 18, 2020
What you did was convert the digital hdmi signal to an analog vga, technically you introduced noise in the signal which made it look better to you since it also smoothed out the sharp digital display. It's not really an issue with HDMI, you were just used to seeing it how the analog connection showed it to you.
But there must be something wrong as other PCs with hdmi connection don't look that bad and there's nothing wrong with the monitor.

TRENDING THREADS