Jaguar Pulls Plug On C-X75 Supercar

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
they must have had other reasons. people with disposable incomes love expensive cars, they would have surely sold 250 of these. the "current economy" doesn't affect those who are beyond loaded, like the upper .05%.

G

If i had $1.6 million and was asked which car to buy, either a Jaguar C-X75, or a Bugatti Veyron, i'll go with the Veyron.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
[citation][nom]hasten[/nom]TBH I think the Veyron is quite ugly. Just my opinion and to each their own. Can't argue with the performance though - I read that they had to have special street tires made cause the top speed was blowing through anything commercially available. If I were rich - I would probably try to get my hands on a Lexus LFA, Ferrari F12, or Lamro Aventador at 1/3 the price instead of either of those cars... Or if I hit the 7 digit mark definitely a Reventon.[/citation]

If I HAD to spend an insane amount of money on a fast car I get one custom built. Basically it would look like an old muscle car on the outside but made with lightweight materials, exotic metals, carbon fiber, etc etc. And all the technological advancements to help produce the best HP, Handling, Safety money can buy. Primary reason for this is quite simple I like my old muscle cars and I can easily see myself driving one. Where as driving a million dollar sports car, I would look out of place.

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
[citation][nom]apache_lives[/nom]what an odd looking computer...[/citation]

Actually it is. The CX75 actually had a quad core ecu with over 27 sensors and 4gb of onboard ram

rosen380

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
"Basically it would look like an old muscle car on the outside but made with lightweight materials, exotic metals, carbon fiber, etc etc. "

Since none of the super-cars that do 250+ MPH and 0-100-0 in ~10 seconds look anything like a classic muscle car, I assume there is a reason. To perform like those cars you need an extreme amount of down-force to keep you stable at high speeds and I doubt that a muscle car body will provide that.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]santeana[/nom]i doubt the engine is 800hp. Notice the article stated that the total system power was 800hp. That includes the power of all of the electric motors as well as the 3cyl engine together. The engine alone is probably in the 200-250hp range and the electric motors 125 to 150 hp each.[/citation]
With a grand total of.... 500hp? Where did you get 800hp out of those figures?

Status
Not open for further replies.