James Donkey 007 Pro Gaming Mouse Offers Detachable Parts, 54 Unique Configurations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixit

Reputable
Dec 22, 2014
That glossy shell makes it look like a hunk of cheap knockoff junk, the name is intensely stupid and the design is really similar to the MatCatz R.A.T. line. I can see the thought process here, "let's make a knockoff of all the most popular customizable gaming mice".

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Gloss shell held together by magnets. Sounds like a decent concept, but no way will any magnets I've ever seen hold up to the abuse the average 'gaming' mouse takes. Use a matte or rubberized finish and it will be a bit better, but I still don't think this is worth the kickstarter. Sorry.

KingDWS

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
I had a rat9 for about 5 weeks bought just because it was supposed to be the best gaming mouse. What a pos. Unfortunetly I see some of the same things going on with this one. Panel held on by magnets? One lousy game, and a slam into the desk and you are spending the next hour looking for the parts. On the rat none of the adjustments seemed to pay any attention to actual ergonomics so other than stock positions it actual made things worse. The finger rests actually cut into fingers. The teflon sliders wore out and were totally gone in 5 weeks. And there were NO available replacement teflon pads.

I do not mind spending a bit extra to get a quality item. I do mind spending 2x and getting something a lot worse and a lot more gimicky than what I had before and basically end up throwing away my money. I would check this one out before I got excited and since they are doing crowd funding I would just wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.