Japan And South Korea-based Vendors Cut Prices For Entry-level Blu-ray Players I

Status
Not open for further replies.

vagetaqtd

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2008
I'll still wait until the players are around $100 and movies are around $15. Sony better get the BR format finalized, too many damn revisions.

lobhob

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
This is still good news for the ps3 since other BR players still cost so much. If you want to game some, have a multimedia device, and want a BR player look no further then a ps3.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]zpyrd[/nom]AFAIK, Sony holds the patenthttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent on BD format and optical device. If that is true, it will be a long while (2 years) before BD players fall into the $150 price range and movies on BD average $20. Sony is not known for licencing their patents at a low per device cost.The average consumer cannot afford to buy a Sony product or a product incorporating a Sony patent.I am disappointed Sony wants/needs to collect high patent licencing fees on their technology designs. [/citation]
Don't mention Apple, the company that asks for premium on other's technology.

divpers

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2002
Yeah BR is a no-go for me, until they get it to around $150/15. If they are too hamfisted to manage that, I'll remain plenty happy with upscaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.