Japan Gets All The Cool Toys: 'Mario Kart VR,' 'Dragon Ball VR' Debut At Japanese VR Arcade

Status
Not open for further replies.

none12345

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2013
Err why do they show people playing racing sims wearing wrist tracking braclets. If your hands need to be on the steering wheel to play the game, wtf is the point of the bracelets.

silentobserver

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012

probably for throwing stuff, since it's for mariokart

ObamasBFF

Prominent
Apr 25, 2017
If anyone out there hasn't tried VR on a PC or even a lowly PSVR, it's awesome. For racing it's really awesome since you get an incredible sense of speed and unlike games where you need things like racing lines, you just drive by feel - so you just know naturally when to hit the brakes because you're going into a corner too fast. I mean you can still certainly wreck by being a dummy or just taking the car to its limits, but it's pretty awesome to just feel like you're there. The downside however is getting motion sick, when you move in a game but don't really move in real life, that makes a lot of people sick, including myself. I love VR, but it makes me want to puke about 80% of the time. BUT on the positive side the way I describe the feeling in VR versus my friends that don't get sick, I'm convinced my brain is really thinking I'm there where as their brains are just saying I'm looking at a screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.