Japanese K Supercomputer Smashes 10 Petaflop Barrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboy2

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
[citation][nom]Pyree[/nom]Great! Closer to singularity. I am so going to upload my mind.[/citation]
You could do that with a USB stick

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]Homeboy2[/nom]You could do that with a USB stick[/citation]

If that USB stick happened to be a few terabytes/petabytes so it could store the individual location of each cell as well as each state that cell is in at the time of backup, as well as electrical signals also in progress during the time of that backup and the interconnects between each cell..

The 3D location of each cell must be kept as well so that would need to be 100% accurate the amount of digits needed to accurately store the location would be like 24k integers long because of scale.

Blah blah blah..

I have no idea what I'm talking about lol

dreamer77dd

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
Now you take that computer and make a awesome computer game. A.I. would be mind blowing. Play with are emotions. hmmm The computer learns from what people do in the game making the A.I. even smarter. uh oh. hmmm

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
When you need thousands of processors and god knows how many separate banks of memory and how much power it uses, is it really meaningful to call it a single computer?

Any load that could make use of it would have to be highly threaded, so much so that I'm sure with enough separate machines distributing the work the same or greater performance could be achieved. The fact that this 'computer' does it all in one place seems kind of irrelevant.

tl;dr Call me when you can do this on a single chip.

can it run c....wait that's been said already.
hook one of these babies with that 360 degree display that plays bf3 and you got a fully immersive hpc gaming system. metro 2033 has nothing on these.

on a side note: amd is definitely gonna brag about oak ridge lab's titan using 16 core bulldozer server version cpus and try to hype desktop bd cpus again.

[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]If that USB stick happened to be a few terabytes/petabytes so it could store the individual location of each cell as well as each state that cell is in at the time of backup, as well as electrical signals also in progress during the time of that backup and the interconnects between each cell..The 3D location of each cell must be kept as well so that would need to be 100% accurate the amount of digits needed to accurately store the location would be like 24k integers long because of scale.Blah blah blah..I have no idea what I'm talking about lol[/citation]

My mind can fit into a USB stick- I think he is trying to make a joke, implying I have a simple mind.

Insulting and hurts a little. Not very funny IMO. But nothing major.

Status
Not open for further replies.