[SOLVED] Jar files not opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackHinton

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2016
I have suddenly got this issue where when i try to open a .jar file with Java, that is designed to open with a double click such as an installer, it just wont open. I have been looking online for hours to find a way to fix it but i have had no luck. I have tried this with a file that i know previously worked without issue, but suddenly it won't open. I only have 2 files that i have tried, one just opens the window but nothing loads on the window and just closes almost instantly and the second just doesn't show anything at all, but i have not tried to use this file before so it might just be that file. I have already tried Jarfix and the issue still persists. If anyone can help me without having to reset my PC that would be great.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
I have suddenly got this issue where when i try to open a .jar file with Java, that is designed to open with a double click such as an installer, it just wont open. I have been looking online for hours to find a way to fix it but i have had no luck. I have tried this with a file that i know previously worked without issue, but suddenly it won't open. I only have 2 files that i have tried, one just opens the window but nothing loads on the window and just closes almost instantly and the second just doesn't show anything at all, but i have not tried to use this file before so it might just be that file. I have already tried Jarfix and the issue still persists. If anyone can help me without having to reset my PC that would be great.

You of course have the newest JRE installed right?

What happens when you run Jar file from the Command Prompt under Admin? '-jar c:REMOVESPACE Pathtojarfile.jar' It just hangs? How about here?

JackHinton

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2016
You of course have the newest JRE installed right?

What happens when you run a Jar from the Command Prompt under Admin?
'-jar c:pathtojarfile.jar' It just hangs? How about here?
Thanks for the comment, i have found the issue now thanks to someone on reddit. It was a recent Windows update "KB4515384" that was causing Jar files to not load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS