Question .jar or any sort of java file will not open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatalpup

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
I have been having this issue for a few days and i dont know what the problem is, because i havent had the problem until now.

I have tried opening as Admin, or with a .bat with a command like java -jar xyz.jar and disabled antivruses.
When i double click on the file, it shows the hourglass on the pointer, but nothing come of it, nothing shows up on task manager either.

The default app to open these is Java(TM) Platform SE binary
I already checked and updated java and yet the problem persists.

Any ideas on what to do?

Are you actually trying to open the jar file, or run it? Your title says open, which you usually want an extraction tool for (WinZip, WinRAR, etc) but your post reads like you want to run it (which, depending on what it is, may only run inside of a specific program).

fatalpup

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
Are you actually trying to open the jar file, or run it? Your title says open, which you usually want an extraction tool for (WinZip, WinRAR, etc) but your post reads like you want to run it (which, depending on what it is, may only run inside of a specific program).
It brings me all the files in the .jar file, but no executable. and i am just trying to run it

You still haven't answered the question..... What SPECIFIC .jar file/s are you trying to execute in this manner?

What File Explorer tells you is entirely irrelevant, it only reads the file extender and presents a pre-programmed response. A .jar file may or may not contain an actual executable. Without the actual file name/s everyone's only guessing. If you want help then provide the details requested.

fatalpup

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
You still haven't answered the question..... What SPECIFIC .jar file/s are you trying to execute in this manner?

What File Explorer tells you is entirely irrelevant, it only reads the file extender and presents a pre-programmed response. A .jar file may or may not contain an actual executable. Without the actual file name/s everyone's only guessing. If you want help then provide the details requested.

worldedit-forge-mc1.14.4-7.0.1.jar -Will not execute

OptiFine_1.14.4_HD_U_F3.jar - will execute

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS