Java crashes all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaManWithTheHat

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015
Hello,
Every time I open a java program (netbeans, mc) it crashes after about 3sec. The aplications works when I run java 32-bit but I can't run anything with more then 1,5Gb of ram and if I change to 64 (deleting 32-bit and installing 64-bit)the aplications just crashes after 3sec. I've tried running both java 7 and 8 but it still crashes. I believe it's a problem with windows 10 but I'm not sure...

Error:
Java(TM) Platform SE binary has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Close program

Solution
You might want to experiment with the version of Java installed in your environment, and remember that Java Runtime Environment installs separately for 32bit and 64bit environments. If the latest version of Java does not operate successfully, you can try different, older versions to see if stability is better.

If you continue to experience issues, you should report the errors in the Feedback app to notify the development teams. Be sure to include the name and version of the Java app, the version and architecture of Java, and any other details that might affect stability.

If you want to pursue the stability issues on your own, I would strongly suggest the Windows Performance Toolkit. You can monitor the threads for the Java...

WinOutreach2

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
You might want to experiment with the version of Java installed in your environment, and remember that Java Runtime Environment installs separately for 32bit and 64bit environments. If the latest version of Java does not operate successfully, you can try different, older versions to see if stability is better.

If you continue to experience issues, you should report the errors in the Feedback app to notify the development teams. Be sure to include the name and version of the Java app, the version and architecture of Java, and any other details that might affect stability.

If you want to pursue the stability issues on your own, I would strongly suggest the Windows Performance Toolkit. You can monitor the threads for the Java process and ultimately determine what files or components are being accessed during failure.

Solution

Star OS

Reputable
Feb 20, 2015

Maybe you have the new Minecraft which does not need Java (TM).

LilLoki

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
I have had this issue. I have gotten it stable twice. Once i updated my video driver and java was stable till reboot. The first time i uninstalled java and reinstalled it. Again worked great till Reboot. Still trying to figure it out. A couple quick questions are you AMD for Graphics or Gforce? As regards to 1.8+ minecraft working that's because they baked the java side directly into the game programing if you look in your minecraft folder you will find the EXE. Minecraft (Any version) runs on my computer, The issue and what is causing the crashes is the launchers themselves. Something about Java the Launchers and Drivers not playing nice. Just some observations from a fellow Tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.