Java.exe - Application Error (The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005))

DarkxLucario

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
As the title says I get an error when trying to launch Minecraft.
I don't know how this error came to be and I don't know how to fix it and cant find any solutions!
Thanks.

Solution
Well, googling the error message opens a whole can of worms. It could be anything to everything and fix might be similar.
Common things to try are:
Run CCleaner and let it fix anything java/registry related.

Have you tried running it manually? Does it crash on loading the launcher or minecraft itself?
java -jar %appdata%\.minecraft\launcher.jar
starting simple:
Have you downloaded and installed java?
if yes:
when have you last updated it? It might or might not update automatically
If it's old, just uninstall it and download 64 bit java only. 99% of time you have no use for 32 bit java. (only reason to use it is if for some reason, your windows is still 32 bit)
if no:
are you using latest minecraft launcher that should automatically download java for it's own use.

Another possibility is of course that for some reason too aggressive firewall/anti-virus is blocking java from running as security issues about java are.. well.. common. (this is far less likely than problems with above yes/no questions)

DarkxLucario

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
I have downloaded and installed Java yes, I have had it for years. I updated my Java today hoping it would fix the problem but it did not since it wasn't long ago I updated it.
I am using 64 Bit Java.
I did re download the msi.minecraft launcher again today aswell.
Firewall is not blocking Java either...

Anyone else have ideas?

Well, googling the error message opens a whole can of worms. It could be anything to everything and fix might be similar.
Common things to try are:
Run CCleaner and let it fix anything java/registry related.

Have you tried running it manually? Does it crash on loading the launcher or minecraft itself?
java -jar %appdata%\.minecraft\launcher.jar

Solution

DarkxLucario

Reputable
Dec 18, 2015
Wait, I just tried running it manually and it worked!
I guess I have to move that to my desktop now...
Rename it and change its icon...

THANKYOU!

edit: Changing this icon is annoying
2edit: I actually have no idea how to get an icon file im just going to leave it for now