[SOLVED] Java installation issue

jackyboyrocs

Reputable
Dec 11, 2017
so I'm trying to install java so i can install a specific mod for Minecraft and I'm getting an odd error I've never seen before. Tried fixing it with the help of google but that got me nowhere.
Not only that but if i try to install it again it tells me that an installation is already in progress. Here's a link to a screenshot of the error:

View: https://imgur.com/a/pg3qtAM

Any help in fixing this or even why the error is showing in the first place would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
picture looks normal to me..anyway just tested it on win 11 and ofline installer works there

not sure how much did you try to google, but reading through java support, java need either internet explorer or firefox in order to install
internet explorer is gone from win11
firefox is still okay
D

Deleted member 14196

That photo is way too blurry what is the actual message just type it out. You can look at the installer log file as well that’s under the temporary directory and post its content here

Just log off and log back on for the first instance to finish or try to finish but then we need to see what the log file says to see what the error is

picture looks normal to me..anyway just tested it on win 11 and ofline installer works there

not sure how much did you try to google, but reading through java support, java need either internet explorer or firefox in order to install
firefox is still okay

Solution

jackyboyrocs

Reputable
Dec 11, 2017

firefox is still okay
not sure if you mean i need one of those installed to have it work but ill give it a shot

jackyboyrocs

Reputable
Dec 11, 2017
That photo is way too blurry what is the actual message just type it out. You can look at the installer log file as well that’s under the temporary directory and post its content here

Just log off and log back on for the first instance to finish or try to finish but then we need to see what the log file says to see what the error is
its not blurry if you open the image in a new tab from imgur not from here

D

Deleted member 14196

I would try a new Jdk. I don’t have any Internet explorer (and never Firefox) installed in any of my many virtual machines and I’ve never had a problem installing Java. Try openjava jdk 11

And, instead of arguing with me if you were just provide the contents of the log file I would know for sure but whatever I guess you can figure it out yourself

D

Deleted member 14196

you need an off-line Java installer which you can download

https://www.java.com/en/download/help/download_options.html

What is the offline method for downloading and installing Java for a Windows computer?

There’s no way it requires a browser unless you’re trying to install it through a browser. Maybe the person who posted it could actually supply an Internet link so others could read it because I think he’s severely confused

And all you guys are doing is guessing anyway because we don’t have a log file. Without a log file good luck trying to solve the issue

Check out this site for downloading the open JDK and give that a try of the other one doesn’t work

Last edited by a moderator:

jackyboyrocs

Reputable
Dec 11, 2017

firefox is still okay
just tried it again with a download through firefox that worked kinda confused why it didnt before but does now but anyway you have my thanks