Hi!
May I ask if it is possible to record what is said in eg a chatroom (which I
believe is a Java window??), for saving to a file and reading later?

Thank you,

Alan

To save a conversation when using Windows Messenger:

1. In the conversation window, on the File menu, click Save As.
2. Go to the folder where you want to save the text, type the file name, and click Save.

Note:

Conversations can be saved in Rich Text Format (RTF), which means that you can save
conversations consisting of both text and ink.

Only character-based emoticons can be saved. Emoticon graphics are not saved.
You can save character-based emoticons if you turn off emoticons before sending
or receiving messages in the conversation.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Alan Cochrane" wrote:

| Hi!
| May I ask if it is possible to record what is said in eg a chatroom (which I
| believe is a Java window??), for saving to a file and reading later?
|
| Thank you,
|
| Alan

apologies if I've written this twice!

many thanks for reply Carl, but I can save OK in Mesenger. However many
other chat sites do not have the facilty to save, and indeed you cannot even
copy and past from the window that opens for reading the messages in-
dragging the cursor has no effect.

ta, Alan

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> To save a conversation when using Windows Messenger:
>
> 1. In the conversation window, on the File menu, click Save As.
> 2. Go to the folder where you want to save the text, type the file name, and click Save.
>
> Note:
>
> Conversations can be saved in Rich Text Format (RTF), which means that you can save
> conversations consisting of both text and ink.
>
> Only character-based emoticons can be saved. Emoticon graphics are not saved.
> You can save character-based emoticons if you turn off emoticons before sending
> or receiving messages in the conversation.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Alan Cochrane" wrote:
>
> | Hi!
> | May I ask if it is possible to record what is said in eg a chatroom (which I
> | believe is a Java window??), for saving to a file and reading later?
> |
> | Thank you,
> |
> | Alan

IamBigBrother Internet Monitoring Software
http://www.iambigbrother.com/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Alan Cochrane" wrote:

| apologies if I've written this twice!
|
| many thanks for reply Carl, but I can save OK in Mesenger. However many
| other chat sites do not have the facilty to save, and indeed you cannot even
| copy and past from the window that opens for reading the messages in-
| dragging the cursor has no effect.
|
| ta, Alan

TRENDING THREADS