Question JavaScript in an old printer prevents access to the webinterface

Fetito

Reputable
Jul 2, 2019
Hello!

Is there a way to force a browser to accept the JavaScript code?

I have temporarily lowered all security settings on Windows Server 2012 R2 inside of the browser. However, the issue is the same.

In the console it shows 59 errors under "network". I have tried Chrome, Edge and IE 11.

HTTP / GET / 404 NOT FOUND

The printer itself works, but I need to change the IP to a static one. I need to manage this printer remotely.

It is located in another country. Thus I do not have physical access to the device.

Here is a screenshot:

nkYNDvn.png

Thank you!

Fetito

Reputable
Jul 2, 2019
Because the source code shows a lot of JavaScript stuff. I checked the info and several files are not found when I try to access the webinterface of the printer.

I am not sure if this is something related to this very old printer or if it is just a browser issue.

Unfortunately, I do not have physical access to the device, but I need to change the IP of that printer.

kanewolf

Titan
Because the source code shows a lot of JavaScript stuff. I checked the info and several files are not found when I try to access the webinterface of the printer.

I am not sure if this is something related to this very old printer or if it is just a browser issue.

Unfortunately, I do not have physical access to the device, but I need to change the IP of that printer.
Could it be a WAN/firewall problem? Are you VPN / RDP to the LAN to try and access or are you trying to access directly through the WAN ?