[SOLVED] JBL 1200$ speakers repair at home ? possible?

Jul 24, 2020
Product is - JBL Eon One

due to covid everything here is closed and on lockdown. the product is out of the 1 year warranty period. It cost me 1200$ to buy it and I dont know whats wrong with it so I am not sure if I can fix it. Is there any online resource which can help me with fixing this myself ? Nobody where I live has the knowledge to fix this. JBL is saying to take it to service centre, which is not possible during these times. I purchased it online from a website called bajaao.com who refuse to help with it in any way.

It was kept unused since lockdown in march and when I plugged it in Bass wasn't working. it was working fine just the bass unit inside wasn't working at all. Then after using it for 15 minutes, the back panel heated up like a frying pan and then the unit shut down. Now it wont even power on.

Solution
Product is - JBL Eon One

due to covid everything here is closed and on lockdown. the product is out of the 1 year warranty period. It cost me 1200$ to buy it and I dont know whats wrong with it so I am not sure if I can fix it. Is there any online resource which can help me with fixing this myself ? Nobody where I live has the knowledge to fix this. JBL is saying to take it to service centre, which is not possible during these times. I purchased it online from a website called bajaao.com who refuse to help with it in any way.

It was kept unused since lockdown in march and when I plugged it in Bass wasn't working. it was working fine just the bass unit inside wasn't working at all. Then after using it for 15 minutes, the back panel...

RealBeast

Titan
Product is - JBL Eon One

It was kept unused since lockdown in march and when I plugged it in Bass wasn't working. it was working fine just the bass unit inside wasn't working at all. Then after using it for 15 minutes, the back panel heated up like a frying pan and then the unit shut down. Now it wont even power on.
Sorry, but this is not a home fix unless you have experience. The last incident sounds like the amplifier power unit overheated and may have had a short circuit. You have really no choice but to wait and have JBL repair it when it becomes possible.

Reactions: Ralston18
Solution