News Jensen Huang is now worth more than Intel — personal net worth currently valued at $109B vs. Intel's $96B market cap

ezst036

Honorable
Oct 5, 2018
That is a LOT of video cards his company has sold over the years, considering he personally only receives around a penny per card, perhaps even less. (at least based on current sales numbers)

And it could all blow away like a fart in the wind. Nvidia, like Intel, is a one trick pony. They only make one product, if something better and/or cheaper comes along, or the AI bubble bursts all that valuation is gone. Intel is a cautionary tale, not a potential purchase. On that note however, with the brand power Nvidia possesses I'm sure a potent, efficient ARM APU would be VERY well received...

vanadiel007

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2015
It would make sense to diversify, and making CPU's and GPU's could just be providing that option.
But I doubt regulators would approve such a purchase.

Which then leaves the question on how to save Intel. I guess tax payers money is an option.

And it could all blow away like a fart in the wind. Nvidia, like Intel, is a one trick pony. They only make one product
did you just call Intel a 1 trick pony?

They make cpu, gpu, network interface, FPGA, etc.

if something better and/or cheaper comes along, or the AI bubble bursts all that valuation is gone.
while true it wouldnt be gone fast enough before they pivot to whatever the new hot thing is (and the people at Nvidia are smart enough to do so)

ManDaddio

Reputable
Oct 23, 2019
If we all made the same choices Jensen did we'd be in his position. But we didn't. That's our fault. Not his.
Even if people invested money in stocks or companies most people would be well off. But most people are not because they don't make those choices.
Myself included. There is no shame in success.