JFP1 pins not correct / wokring

minimuscle

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
I recently had to move my aunts computer to a new case as her old one the power button stopped working. I am now encountering an issue that I have never seen before.

I was putting in the pins in the JFP1 spot and I had forgotten the order, so I googled it, followed that (made 100% sure I was correct) and it still didn't turn on..... I played around with the power button only and finally found its spot, yet it is not the same spot as on the diagram. I can't get any other button to work, so I'm needing some help.

I don't know anything about the computer itself, the Motherboard has N1996 written on it.
Here is a diagram to explain what my current situation is.... the computer IS working (although the lights for the HDD & Power Button and the Reset Button aren't), I'm using it to write this.

wo3kn9p.jpg

The diagram is just off google, the red mark is where the power pins are currently in, and it worked to turn the PC on / Off.

Please help!

Solution
not sure to be honest as the 3 wires from front IO panel is a custom setup from Dell, and unless you marked the cables before removing them likely your going to play a lot around... just remember + and - on an LED connector will make LED light or not. so if you know you have the two wires for PWR LED and know the spot to plug on Dell motherboard you may try to inverse your wires. (you will not break anything) and see if LED lights up.

minimuscle

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

Ahh ok. I did some more digging while waiting for a response. the PC is a Dell Vostro 430 with an add GTX 310.

minimuscle

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

correct. I follow the diagrams people have but it does not seem to be the same on this computer. My own PC at home worked perfectly, so not sure why this one is now suddenly not working...

The case itself is a DeepCool Micro-ATX Smarter Case

not sure to be honest as the 3 wires from front IO panel is a custom setup from Dell, and unless you marked the cables before removing them likely your going to play a lot around... just remember + and - on an LED connector will make LED light or not. so if you know you have the two wires for PWR LED and know the spot to plug on Dell motherboard you may try to inverse your wires. (you will not break anything) and see if LED lights up.

Solution

minimuscle

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014

Will try this, I did try plugging in the reset button in every combination though and none of them worked..... weird.
EDIT: Just realised the image didn't work. This is what I currently have working....
wo3kn9p.jpg

According to the diagram, the pins should be horizontal not vertical....

minimuscle

Reputable
Dec 27, 2014
Solution! I took a look at Dells wiring and figured it out. The Power switch uses Pins 5 & 6, not 5 & 7, the reset button uses pins 7 & 9, meaning I can't use it on this case unfortunately. Thanks so much for your help though!