Jimmy Kimmel Shows Latest Victims of Apple Brainwashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Americans can't even label a world map. Distinguishing between iPhone models........ ya that's not gonna happen.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Actually, I live in Los Angeles atm(van nuys area) and this video does not surprise me one bit.... In fact, I was wondering where all the homeless people went off to... they prolly cleaned up the place a bit before they made the vid as well....

G

Show them samsung galaxy s3 and tell them it's the new iphone..

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
[citation][nom]trollingfag[/nom]Show them samsung galaxy s3 and tell them it's the new iphone..[/citation]
They may be sheeps, but they are not blind ... LOL

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Not surprised really. Apple caters to people who don't realy want the hassle of tech and just want the benefits, regardless if they are limited by Apple's closed ecosystem. That said no one is disputing people are DUMB, plain and simple and Apple tends to attract 'em.

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]alikum[/nom]They may be sheeps, but they are not blind ... LOL[/citation]
Just tell them Apple bought over Samsung. They'll immediately worship the S3.

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]edogawa[/nom]What does nationality have to do with anything here? You think this would go any different for Europeans or South Americans? People need to stop insulting others so much because they are uninformed about the products they purchase too. People who will purchase an iPhone just want something that works and looks nice regardless of functionality which in there eyes is this product. People do the same thing with cars, does that mean your stupid, no. Most people will not really know if that car has a good engine or not besides the fact the exterior looks nice and it keeps going. Uninformed does the equal stupid.Apple gets way to much hype over it's products though, I've never personally used an iPhone, but from just images and videos alone I don't see any discernible difference between the last several ones; every phone seems to be just a small upgrade and proclaimed the innovative future.[/citation]
If you buy a car for its looks then yes you are stupid.

99% of stupid things you see on news or internet, are from america. Go figure.

mr_tuel

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
Apple tells people in plain words that its products are the best and people buy into it. Spend 10 minutes on the Apple website and you either a)buy in to the hype or b) decide that everything you see is marketing BS and will make your own decision as to what is REALLY best for you, Apple or otherwise.

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
I'm not going to dispute the psychological effects of telling someone that something is newer or "better" (this comes up a lot with food too), but it is interesting to note that some of the comments actually may have some claim. For instance, a lot of people cover their iPhones in rubber protectors. Obviously one that isn't encased in one will feel different, and that can easily screw with your sense of dimensions. The other part of this (and it's more speculation since I don't own an iPhone) is that lots of computers tend to slow down over time due to a multitude of issues including spyware and other bloated software, fragmentation, etc. Isn't it possible that a freshly installed iPhone might feel a bit faster than one that's been used for some time?

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
zsw90, alyoshka, there are just as many dumb people around the world. If Americans are so stupid, why are so many of our universities still so highly regarded? Last I checked, there were a large number of Americans in them.

Can you imagine the irony of that statement @flamethrower.....
"If Americans are so stupid, why are so many of our universities still so highly regarded?"

Does this imply that the System of Education needs to be revised , if the universities are churning out such a large bunch of apple-crits onto the streets......???
Or has the definition of a fool changed in the American English Dictionary?

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
wow, didnt think that this would go stupid americans... but yea lets go with that.

id say most people have that placebo effect, and with any computer, unless you tell people flat out what to look for, it will be hard to identify anything as better or faster.

telling them its the iphone 5 and haveing them try to figure out whats new, well... yea... they will try to find out everything.

i also want to say that i dont know this, so any one can verify, does the iphone get slower the longer you have it? i mean with all the crap you put on it, will it make the thing noticeably slower? if it does i cant blame them for thinking its faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.