Jimmy Kimmel Shows Latest Victims of Apple Brainwashing

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
They are also very publicized schools (like what Apple does with their phones)
Tell someone something enough times and they will believe it.

hitman40_4

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Wow, so many people making a fuss over something so stupid.This "technique" has been done for years asking people about everything from tech to religion to politics/world affairs. It's easy to ask 100 people something and make up a video with 5 of them looking like total idiots.It doesn't mean Americans are stupid. It doesn't mean Apple users are stupid. The only people who are stupid are the ones who watch the video and think it actually represents anything close to fact.[/citation]
You guys should think more like this guy instead of actually believe that American's (the majority) are stupid.

trunks_cscs

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
Based upon the reported iPhone 5 setup, I've owned a more superior Galaxy SII Skyrocket since January. It's no wonder that Apple lost the top spot on mobile phone sales to Samsung. And don't start about the $1-billion dollar lawsuit because all you need for a patent is a 10% difference and Samsung's phones are similar, but vastly different. Besides, Samsung laughed off that $1-billion fine because it made them the largest mobile phone dealer in the world!

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
[citation][nom]zsw90[/nom]Americans can't even label a world map. Distinguishing between iPhone models........ ya that's not gonna happen.[/citation]

As though the average person off the street in Europe or anywhere else in the world would do better.

army_ant7

Distinguished
May 31, 2009
(In addition to what was mentioned in other comments, proving how Americans aren't all stupid,) If US Americans are stupid, why are they the world's top power?

Some people should stop being racist and too simple-minded. BTW, I think racism is against the terms of TH's (and a lot of other websites') forums.

Honestly though, I do worry for the youth/current generation (note that some of those in the video aren't part of the youth), not just in the US, but in other countries as well.

Aside from those other good reasons mentioned as to why these people were mistaken, just the heat of the moment could've made them nervous or not as sharp.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]jivdis1x[/nom]That did happen at bestbuy; iphone buyer mistake the galaxy s 2 for an iphone. That is why samsung got sue.[/citation] Its not SAmsungs fault that people were stupid? Nowhere on the phone or box is there an Apple logo or name.

Also, that report has errors. Many people just brought the products back (didn't like them / defective) and then went to Apple.

These people are stupid... But keep in mind, its a funny video.... but I would like to see the clips "Hey, this is an iPhone 4, stop pulling my leg!" They edit to only show the idiots -who ALL had to sign waivers.

I don't own any iPhones, but even I know the diff between 3G / 4 / 4s and 5 easily.

manicmike

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2012

LIAR!!!! "SAMSUNG" is just the letter representation of the Apple missing a bite... and "Galaxy Tab" is just French or something for "iPad"!

Seriously though, that Apple v. Samsung just goes to show you how broken the US Patent system is (btw, I live just west of Chicago, IL, no European here).

[Cr]apple is a pathetic joke, their "Innovation" has just served to weaken the overall intelligence of iSheep. Apple has become the face on the screen... Who's got a hammer to throw?

thirdshop

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2008
[citation][nom]zsw90[/nom]Americans can't even label a world map. Distinguishing between iPhone models........ ya that's not gonna happen.[/citation]
It's easy to label countries if you live in a place surrounded by other countries. How many states can you label? People tend to remember information that is pertinent and important in their daily lives. The fact of the matter is that what happens in the rest of the world does not significantly impact most Americans, but what does happen in the next state over can.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]thirdshop[/nom]It's easy to label countries if you live in a place surrounded by other countries. How many states can you label? People tend to remember information that is pertinent and important in their daily lives. The fact of the matter is that what happens in the rest of the world does not significantly impact most Americans, but what does happen in the next state over can.[/citation]
Obviously you are wrong cause everyone knows that Americans are all stupid and every other country is full to the brim with highly intelligent people with no idiots at all (that is sarcasm BTW don't get confused and think I am serious Europeans). It's not like you can find videos everywhere of random people from every part of the world being as stupid as videos that shows stupid Americans or anything.

G

You have to give credit where credit is due.

The apple marketing staff are geniuses, or their clientele is really stupid, or both....

They have their clientele trained very well. Any new apple product is a must have, and automatically the best thing since sliced bread. Even when its crap, or isnt new.

HAHAHAHA! If that doesn't tell you the stupidity of the Apple iDiots, then nothing will. Your typical Apple user is a clueless, technologically incompetent idiot who has to be spoon fed everything and have a device do the thinking for him or her.

f-14

Distinguished

alot of us can, we just don't care to think that hard or bother to keep up with all the african nations who revolt and change names, flags, boundries every 5-7 years.
even macedonia is FROYM now, with a rising sun looking flag done up in red and yellow now. sarejavo and others like it are just to small and unimportant to even bother with.

also we have enough problems with to deal with in our own country, why do we need to keep current with some other part of the world especially one that doesn't affect us. i mean really, by your right, you're saying you should know the names of everybody in your own country.

daimerous

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009

Sure we can label a world map. America... that's all I see on the map.

chesteracorgi

Distinguished
I saw a marketing study that shows that sheeple who purchase Crapple products are the least price sensitive and are the most desired market segment for retailers. Just goes to show that fools and their money are soon parted.

Status
Not open for further replies.