Jitter and bad lag when i play games. Normal when i use it to download

MockingLight

Commendable
Jan 13, 2017
My PC is the only PC in the house so i cant test any other computers to see if its just mine. But every time i play a game it freaks out and lags. I don't know how to fix it. Please help.

http://imgur.com/a/JxYZk
JxYZk

Solution
You can't compare download to games on wireless they have different requirements. Games use very little bandwidth but require no packet loss and very consistent latency between the packets. A download is almost all bandwidth restricted. Jitter has almost no effect and packet loss will just cut the bandwidth a very small amount.

Wireless works well for pretty much everything other than games...and stuff like live video conferencing. This is one of those fundamental things, games and wireless really are not your best option and why it is never recommended to play games on wireless.

You have few options to fix wireless. You could try other radio channels and bands on your router. You can force the bandwidth to 20mhz. This...
You can't compare download to games on wireless they have different requirements. Games use very little bandwidth but require no packet loss and very consistent latency between the packets. A download is almost all bandwidth restricted. Jitter has almost no effect and packet loss will just cut the bandwidth a very small amount.

Wireless works well for pretty much everything other than games...and stuff like live video conferencing. This is one of those fundamental things, games and wireless really are not your best option and why it is never recommended to play games on wireless.

You have few options to fix wireless. You could try other radio channels and bands on your router. You can force the bandwidth to 20mhz. This will cut your transfer speed in some cases but games do not need bandwidth. In most cases the problems are due to competition for radio bandwidth from neighbors so it really can't be fixed. Your best option is to not use wireless and buy something like powerline networks if you can not use a actual ethernet cables.

Solution