Question Jittery Video Playback with Laggy Mouse Cursor

Jun 22, 2020
In the typical spirit of computers, my computer has decided to break itself (again).

I have a mid-range computer that used to be fully capable of playing 7 gigabyte video files no problem. However, I recently watched a 2gb video and noticed every few seconds it would jitter and stutter. I tried a 600mb video file and noticed the same thing. Every video does it.

In addition, my mouse cursor is laggy during video playback. Only way to describe it is a low frame rate.

I've tried reinstalling VLC. Downloading the latest XVID, DIVX, and Klite codecs and nothing has changed. Updated windows, updated my graphics drivers. No change.

After 27 years of extensive PC use, I am without exaggeration, on the verge of selling all of my electronic devices. Nothing in my life has wasted more time than trying to fix cryptic computer related issues that weren't caused by any direct action of my own.

Jun 22, 2020
Just wanted to add that video playback on my PC is fine. It's only when it's connected to me LG 4K tv. I've tried all maanner of video and resolutions settings, different cables, different inputs, and every possible combination of tv settings with ALL post processing disabled. If anyone has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edit:
The only player that doesn't jitter and drop frames is Windows Media Player. Every other player drops frames

Last edited: