Info Job Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2020
Hello,

I would like to work for reparing computers and mobiles.

Do you know any courses or qualification that I could attend to have a professional qualification?
Thank you so much,Mattia

Benjamin22044

Great
BANNED
Aug 17, 2020
As of now, I think there are no official courses to help you in repairing computers or mobiles. You can get manual assistance for it, online or online. However, for the knowledge about hardware, a degree in computer science or IT could be good enough.

to my knowledge there is no specific all round training available
Nothing trumps experience in these matters
there are TONS of youtube videos on hardware topics
try to get your hands on throwaway systems and experiment with them

Reactions: MER_95

USAFRet

Titan
And do you know how much could I earn, doing this job inside a company?
You'd be earning experience.
A position like that would have to come from a personal recommendation by friend or family.

But with the huge experience level of adding a hard drive and changing RAM...thats a hard sell getting someone to give you a shot. Especially pay you for it.

Not trying to be too personal, but how old are you, and what country might you be in?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
Comptia A+ is pretty much the basic cert for beginning work like that. it covers hardware and windows features and is actually a good thing to learn right away if you want a career in the IT world. pretty much needed knowledge no matter what.

the comptia A+ guide is pretty good and with lots of pictures to walk you through the windows part of it. but the hardware part will be a bit different since it still talks about stuff that is pretty much not used anymore.

check and see if there are other places you can gain experience. for instance my local community college has a program where they fix pc's for students and staff as well as refurb donated machines to give away. we have numerous high school students who work there and they gain a ton of experience in all things. i also run a similar program at my church. i teach anyone who wants to learn and fix problems for anything we get brought to us. lots of ways to get experience that may not pay yet but can quickly get you ready for such a job.

Sep 11, 2020
You'd be earning experience.
A position like that would have to come from a personal recommendation by friend or family.

But with the huge experience level of adding a hard drive and changing RAM...thats a hard sell getting someone to give you a shot. Especially pay you for it.

Not trying to be too personal, but how old are you, and what country might you be in?

I'm just informing about the position.

I'm 25 years old and I don't have a specific experience in this position but I want to start to practice it.

I would find a job in u.k or in Italy .
Thank you

Sep 11, 2020
Comptia A+ is pretty much the basic cert for beginning work like that. it covers hardware and windows features and is actually a good thing to learn right away if you want a career in the IT world. pretty much needed knowledge no matter what.

the comptia A+ guide is pretty good and with lots of pictures to walk you through the windows part of it. but the hardware part will be a bit different since it still talks about stuff that is pretty much not used anymore.

check and see if there are other places you can gain experience. for instance my local community college has a program where they fix pc's for students and staff as well as refurb donated machines to give away. we have numerous high school students who work there and they gain a ton of experience in all things. i also run a similar program at my church. i teach anyone who wants to learn and fix problems for anything we get brought to us. lots of ways to get experience that may not pay yet but can quickly get you ready for such a job.

I am interested in what you say.
Where do you live?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
in my area A+ gets you help desk work at about $15/hr starting. not great but not bad either.

Security+ is also very important in the US. all federal contractors are required to have it and many non federal employers want it as well. at least in my area it is important to have with so much DOD around us.

USAFRet

Titan
in my area A+ gets you help desk work at about $15/hr starting. not great but not bad either.

Security+ is also very important in the US. all federal contractors are required to have it and many non federal employers want it as well. at least in my area it is important to have with so much DOD around us.
One of the problems there is being CertSmart.
I've known and worked with many, who had multiple certs, degrees, quals...no clue on the actual job.

Reactions: ex_bubblehead

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
of course that's a problem. but it does not remove the requirement from having to be met. the interview will sort out those who only know enough to pass the test vs those who can actually do the job real world :)

i only got my certs due to folks kept asking me about them. clearly a few of these recruiters knew nothing about the job and only put faith in having some certs. during this lockdown i have managed, net+, sec+, ccna and i am currently working on linux+ just cause i feel like it and have the time!!

i don' t feel like any of the MS certs but i am considering the certified ethical hacker one. i think i am probably 75% there already and just need some more practice and i could probably get that one. i've always been an all around kind of person rather than someone who gets to know one thing completely yet knows nothing else.

i don't think i am going to get the cert but i have also completed the MS Azure-104 coursework. the cloud is becoming more and more important and knowing how to at least use one of the services is not really a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.