Job Listings Reveal Cloud TV From Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
No way the greedy cable companies will allow 3rd party receivers to steal precious lease fee monies!!! Hehe. I was also wondering when Apple or MS will be coming out with a Smart TV? Samsung def dominates that market. For now they will offer set-top boxes using the internet for now.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]No way the greedy cable companies will allow 3rd party receivers to steal precious lease fee monies!!! Hehe. I was also wondering when Apple or MS will be coming out with a Smart TV? Samsung def dominates that market. For now they will offer set-top boxes using the internet for now.[/citation]
dont they have to, by law, allow you cards to access cable content if you use a 3rd party system? at least that was my understanding.

that said, if microsoft gives me a netflix like service but for all my current channels (minus movies) i would probably consider paying for it.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
I sure hope they plan on releasing an ISP too since cloud streaming of anything HD is a fantasy on the current US internet. The cable companies are also the internet companies, so all they have to do to prevent it is keep bandwidth caps in place or lower them and choke out competition. Not like I expect MS really cares. One side sells you services with a serious demand for bandwidth and the other charges you for it. It's a system where everyone wins, except for the consumer.

Status
Not open for further replies.