Job Openings at Apple to Improve Siri

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
As long as Apple is creating jobs, I have no objections on it. Not that I am an Apple fan, but I am not using SIRI in my iPhone anyhow... too dumb...

"Whatever Apple may be planning, we can assume it has some radical changed in the software for upcoming devices. The once fictional idea of a fully working and understandable virtual assistant is now approaching maturity, but the question remains who will get there first. Will Apple be the one who claims this spot in the history books, or will they fall short on delivering such a remarkable piece of technology?"

Nick, you have some brown stuff on your nose...Wipe it off, please. A "virtual assistant" should not require a data connection to work, because that turns it into a glorified web client.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]irish_adam[/nom]since when? i dont know anyone with an iphone that uses it, well maybe once or twice for novelty but thats it[/citation]

I know several peeps that use it for texting or searching web. Not perfect but what is?!?

internetlad

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2011
THIS ARTICLE IS SLANDER. APPLE HAS NEVER RELEASED A PRODUCT THAT IS ANYTHING LESS THAN FLAWLESS, PERFECT AND BEAUTIFUL.

GET YOUR MICROSHIT PROPAGANDA OUT OF HERE TOMSHARDWARE.

feeblepenguin

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
[citation][nom]internetlad[/nom]THIS ARTICLE IS SLANDER. APPLE HAS NEVER RELEASED A PRODUCT THAT IS ANYTHING LESS THAN FLAWLESS, PERFECT AND BEAUTIFUL.GET YOUR MICROSHIT PROPAGANDA OUT OF HERE TOMSHARDWARE.[/citation]

I sincerely hope this is sarcasm...

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]irish_adam[/nom]since when? i dont know anyone with an iphone that uses it, well maybe once or twice for novelty but thats it[/citation]

True. I've used it a few times in front of friends to show them "ooh look and what I can do", then when it actually comes down to it, I rarely actually use it. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that if you do it in public you will look like a douche. And doing it on your own is just silly.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
It was virtually the only selling point for iOS5 when the iphone4 came out. Because other than siri, it was the same ol' as iOS4 in the general UI and features. Only it didn't pan out to be anything anyone cared about because it was so riddled with flaws at release. Much like apple's maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.