Jobs in computing

cruddyturtle

Honorable
Oct 11, 2014
Hello,

I have always been in love with computers, the logical way they do things, their capability’s and the structure of them. I find I have the kind of mind that works similarly (love math and science hate English) and would really like to get a job in the field of computing. I realize that it is a huge industry, to help narrow it down I have taken some classes at my high school in programming and computer scones at a collage level. I’m going to university for computer science (I am 17) but wanted to try and get a job that could be done with my limited knowledge and experience that would help me to acquire both. I spend a lot of time at home trying to learn as much as I can about hard and soft ware, and have built my own computer to learn more. I am good at solving problems both digitally and in day to say life, and I take on new challenges with joy. So my question is, is there any jobs that would accept a 17 year old student in the computing field? I could learn any neccisary launguages or information I don’t already have. I’m eager to learn and gain experience in this Industry and getting paid to do it would be a huge bonus.

Thank you for any response or information.

Solution
Where do you live?

The starting point is the local employment ("help wanted") ads.

Read the ads and see what skills, education, and experience levels are being sought.

Key is finding an employer who is willing to listen to you and can be convinced that you can do the job.

And you must truly be able to do the job. Be honest, reliable, a team player, not cause any hassles for mangers, co-workers, customers, etc.. Willing to step up and do more: even if not in the job description.

No harm trying - just remember to look at the situation from their viewpoint and do not get discouraged.

Focus on your classes, keep talking with people. Do well in your academics, get references, etc.. Maybe an internship will come your way.

And take...

Ralston18

Titan
Where do you live?

The starting point is the local employment ("help wanted") ads.

Read the ads and see what skills, education, and experience levels are being sought.

Key is finding an employer who is willing to listen to you and can be convinced that you can do the job.

And you must truly be able to do the job. Be honest, reliable, a team player, not cause any hassles for mangers, co-workers, customers, etc.. Willing to step up and do more: even if not in the job description.

No harm trying - just remember to look at the situation from their viewpoint and do not get discouraged.

Focus on your classes, keep talking with people. Do well in your academics, get references, etc.. Maybe an internship will come your way.

And take classes in technical writing, speaking, communications, and so forth. You will find that those skills will serve you quite well. At some time you will want to advance so select your university electives wisely.

Also (always a touchy subject) be well-groomed, use manners, be considerate, and present a positive appearance. You are free to be you of course, but many folks still judge by appearance. Professionalism matters - and that, rightly or wrongly includes appearance and how you act.

Solution