John Carmack: Next-Gen Consoles Will Still Target 30fps

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree about pretty much all the big FPS games being on consoles too. As for Dark Souls, the PC port is just plain bad. You can use a gamepad on PC too, by the way.

kineticsteel

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
[citation][nom]tokencode[/nom]hertz implies that the intervals are evenly spaced, which is the ideal for rendering; however that's not always the case.[/citation]

HERTZ DOES NOT IMPLY EVENLY SPACE INTERVALS.

Hertz is cycles per second in a snapshot of time. It is a Unit.
It is interchangeable with any unit that represents "number of occurrences versus time." or "frequency"
It can be used to describe revolutions per minute, frames per second, vehicles per day, burgers per second, beats per second, jack offs per year. It is a general term.

For example. We often use 8 feet to describe the height of a building. However, "96 inches" or "244 centimeters" is completely valid.

When talking about specifically monitors; the monitor refresh rate is evenly spaced. But this is an attribute of the hardware, not the definition of hertz.

MinusPlusMinus

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013
Actually I heard the human eye can see up to 300 frames per second until you can't see the individual frames anymore... But still, 30fps HURTS MY FUCKING EYES.

Status
Not open for further replies.