[SOLVED] Joining 2 PCs

Jul 30, 2020
I have two i7 PCs that I want to join together into one coordinated PC to take advantage of their combine components, i.e., one has 4 USB 3.0 ports, the other has 6, one has a 1 TB SSD, the other a 512 GB SSD, etc. I don't want to mirror one with the other but add one to the other. Can I simply connect them with a USB cable from one USB 3.0 port to another USB 3.0 port? One runs Win 10 Home, the other Win 10 Pro. Each has 16 GB RAM. Thanks in advance for your help. Master Bear.

Solution
No. You cannot combine the computing power of two PCs in this way. Doing so requires an infrastructure that is not available to the general public.

-Wolf sends
Jul 30, 2020
I have two i7 PCs that I want to join together into one coordinated PC to take advantage of their combine components, i.e., one has 4 USB 3.0 ports, the other has 6, one has a 1 TB SSD, the other a 512 GB SSD, etc. I don't want to mirror one with the other but add one to the other. Can I simply connect them with a USB cable from one USB 3.0 port to another USB 3.0 port? One runs Win 10 Home, the other Win 10 Pro. Each has 16 GB RAM. Thanks in advance for your help. Master Bear.
Thanks for your prompt response. Following up, what do you suggest I do? I need more ports than either computer alone has, and adding add-on ports never lasts long - I've lost two in the last week alone (they simply stopped working).

Latest posts