Joining a domain or Worgroup in Windows NT Server 4.0

I have an NT 4.0 server with clients running a mix of
Windows 95/98/2000/XP. I just bought a new PC running Win XP.

I am having problems adding this PC to my domain. I have
three workgroups and one domain on my network and I can add
the new PC to any of the Workgroups but I cannot add it to
the Domain. What I want to achieve actually is that I want
this new PC to have access to the Domain and one of the
Workgroups.

Please assist me.

Warm Regards

The client is running XP pro? If so then you have
to disable a local security responsible for encrypting
the secure channel data which isn't supported by NT.
It's called member secure digital channel "always".
You have to disable it.

"James Tankia" <jamestaa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have an NT 4.0 server with clients running a mix of
> Windows 95/98/2000/XP. I just bought a new PC running Win XP.
>
> I am having problems adding this PC to my domain. I have
> three workgroups and one domain on my network and I can add
> the new PC to any of the Workgroups but I cannot add it to
> the Domain. What I want to achieve actually is that I want
> this new PC to have access to the Domain and one of the
> Workgroups.

I've tried this and it does not work

I was shooting in the dark without knowing
the exact error message you receive when
attempting to join the domain.