Question Joining the Ryzen hype train. Could use some advice

Anibal Canhoto

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
Hello everyone. After around 6-9 years (depending on the parts) I'm in the process of updating my computer. Main reason is I am the sort of person that can rarely stay focused on just one thing at a time. As such with 2 monitors I tend to be watching something in a monitor while playing a game in the other while listening to music in the background with 40 chrome tabs so I can quickly switch from one video or newspaper to something else as quickly as possible because apparently all of this isn't enough to keep me busy. Weirdos I think they call us. In short my current setup is no longer able to keep up with these habits of mine and it's time for a long overdue upgrade.

Approximate Purchase Date: in the next 2-3 weeks maximum

Budget Range: In dollars should be around 1400-1500 (I'm relatively flexible here if you consider something is a significant upgrade, however I want to keep it both budgetISH and future proof)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, music (good onboard soundcard will matter), movies, youtube videos or just web surfing.

Parts to Upgrade: Motherboard, CPU, RAM, Graphics Card, Monitor
Motherboard:
MSI B450 Tomahawk (I am aware I need to do the bios flashback) it seems to have pretty much all I need and I don't think I'll be getting much if any benefit from future proofing with an X570.
CPU: Ryzen 3700X (3800X doesn't seem like much of an upgrade for an extra 70€+ but I'm also open to other alternatives)
RAM: 32GBs Ballistix Sport LT 3200mhz CL 16 ( I haven't researched ram in a long time and heard that with Ryzen processors I might be better off with something like 16GBs G.Skill Ripjaws CL-14 which have a 14-14-14 sequence. 32GBs seem overkill 16GBs don't seem enough 24 is an alternative but with ram here I'm open to plenty of suggestions)
GPU: Zotac Geforce RTX 2070 AMP Extreme Core (could use some feedback on zotac. I've had lots of MSI and ASUS graphics cards never had an issue, I've read some reviews nothing set my alarm off just curious basically)
Monitor: ASUS VG278Q (details in the parts preferences)

What I have and see no reason to update:
PSU: Corsair HX850 Gold
Tower: Cooler master HAF 932 High tower
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 (ence the high tower)
Storage: OCZ Agility3 128GBs / Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GBs / WD Caviar Green 1TB / Seagate Barracuda 3 TB (external)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg and all the other websites that I commonly see here won't rly work for me because everything I'd purchase there would be highly taxed but you can use any sort of website just as a price guideline.

Parts Preferences: I'm not a fanboy of many things however looking at both budget and future proofing with Ryzen at its current price I'm very inclined to join the hype train but I'm open to intel suggestions. The one part which I think I'm already settled for is the monitor which is the ASUS VG278Q. For the price it has 144hz and 27' which is something I've been looking forward to upgrade to and it's also compatible with G-Sync. Also I am already using 2 asus monitors one being 9 years old and the other 13 or so and I've never had any problems whatsoever so as far as monitors go it's a brand I absolutely trust.

Overclocking: Eventually I'll do some overclocking but it's not a priority by any means. I am doing it with the current CPU, RAM and GPU I am using because well... they are old and I need more juice.

SLI or Crossfire: Unlikely.

Your Monitor Resolution: 19201080 24' and the one I intend to buy is the same resolution but 27' (the side monitor I have right now is 1440900 19'

Additional Comments: Sort of a side question. I'm aware that some people complain that 144hz monitor with 60hz monitor on the side might/will force the 144hz to 60. Other people say it works just fine also with G-Sync coming into the picture is this something I should be concerned about if lets say I'm playing a game on the 144hz while watching twitch on the 60hz one.

Thank you in advance for reading and I'll appreciate any feedback you can give me.

Wolfshadw

Titan
I don't see any issue with your projected build. What I would do from here is take a look at this from the US stand point and then use the Country selector in the upper right corner of the page to select something closer to you. This will give you the prices in Euros as well as availability.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($329.00 @ B&H)
Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($170.72 @ Walmart)
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($150.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB AMP Extreme Core Video Card ($449.99 @ B&H)
Monitor: Asus - VG278Q 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor ($283.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1384.58
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-07-21 08:38 EDT-0400

-Wolf sends

Anibal Canhoto

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
Hello. First of all I'd like to thank you both for your response and feedback. I think going for the Super might be my best bet. It's about a 60€ difference from the standard 2070 and looking at benchmarks I feel like it's worth the upgrade with that price tag so that's probably what I'll be going for.

Just to finish it up I'm still curious if anyone could answer my side question. If it does cause conflicts it won't affect my purchase I just want to know what to expect and if there is any work around in case it's an issue.

Sort of a side question. I'm aware that some people complain that 144hz monitor with 60hz monitor on the side might/will force the 144hz to 60. Other people say it works just fine also with G-Sync coming into the picture is this something I should be concerned about if lets say I'm playing a game on the 144hz while watching twitch on the 60hz one.

Again thank you for precious help.