Judge Shuts Down Grand Theft Auto Online Cheats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely agree about getting cheats killed off in multiplayer. You have to wonder if cheaters have any skills at all if they rely on any kind of cheats. Yes... cheaters and those who enable them (cheat makers, and I'll extend to those who justify the cheats in multiplayer) are the lowlifes of the gaming world.

As to the $500,000 lost in sales because the cheats drove away buyers/players (DLC, main game, in-game purchases where applicable)... methinks they might be using the same mechanism they use to calculate the cost of piracy in sales amounts. I have no doubt it is cutting into their bottom line, I just have to wonder about the numbers produced... how accurate they really are... how much padding may be in there to make the figures of damages look worse than reality.

funguseater

Distinguished
It's really too bad, Menyoo was loader for cars, buildings, new areas. Calling mods a cheat is just ignorance, mods are for most of us graphical improvements and game expansion, new characters and expanded choice. Replayability. But I guess the 12 yr old griefers ruin it for everyone.

Also, I never play online, but this is going to affect all players on/off-line. No-one will mod with the fear of lawsuits, and no matter what you call it, a "loader" is needed to add anything in single player.

Realist9

Reputable
May 31, 2014
Now only if Dice and EA would take this stance, we could have a clean Battlefield game.

Instead, we (on PC) have had nothing but cheat-fests in their games for years.

And no, I don't think BFV will be any different.

CoD definitely needs it. It may have improved some, but the problem still exists on PC at least.

Mods can be good.... in single player. Mods in multiplayer, not so much, especially when it provides an unfair/unbalanced advantage.

Mods that modify game play in single player, no real issues... if it cheats, it only affects you.

The problem with mods in multiplayer has it where someone else may not have access. Also, please don't attach the "mods" name to cheats... aimbots, wall hacks, 1-shot, superman-armor type hacks are cheats, not mods.

and yeah... 12yo griefers don't help the situation any either.

Diji1

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2012
>it's hard to think of any that even tolerate cheating

Blizzard seems to tolerate Overwatch cheating in Korea with their ridiculous licensing system for cafes.

I was under the impression Blizzard had one of the single strictest cheat policies of any of the companies out there. The only other one I can think of right away that compares is a VAC ban.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
I used that trainer for single player. That was fun. Mindless fun. Its just a trainer. I used trainers in a lot of games. They were fun, some required payment but i always liked the free ones. I feel that companies should make trainers themselves, some times i dont want follow the rules. I some times want to see a game engine break because i just spawned a <mod edit> ton of cars and created and explosion that youre engine cant handle crashing the game and completely making me restart my pc. Its just a trainer for mindless fun.

<Moderator Warning: Watch your language in these forums>

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
CS:GO is a perfect example. There's just so much fun to be had when starting around a corner and getting 1 shot head shot before getting there, simply because some (didn't need mod edit) -head used a ghosting cheat to follow your every move, and a wall hack to get you before clearing the corner.

If you want to play 'mods' like that, open up your own server and play against others with similar 'mods', don't bring it to general population where you are the only one.

I'm there to pit my gaming skill against you, not your downloaded cheat code.

I love getting my butt kicked against real players. That is my training. NPCs and bots are lame, but real people without cheating who can kick my butt teach me stuff

You fight as you train. Best ways to do it against real people not bots or against people cheating

funguseater

Distinguished

Funny, I play SP to avoid ALL other players. And now my beautiful 4k HD modded game will be screwed because of all the pretty pretty princess's whining. Awesome

Blame the cause, not the reaction.

The cause is a bunch of cheaters taking your modkit and abusing it for personal gain. You should also blame the devs here, as they do release a paid version explicitly intended for online play.

The other players you're blaming paid just as much as you did not to have their experience ruined.

Since many people obviously want to cheat. Blocking cheating also diminishes possible sales. Why not have a system of cheat/mod only servers and no cheat/mod servers. Then they could increase sales to include the entire spectrum of players.

Personally I only like single player games. Frankly, if I can't mod them like crazy. I don't have much interest in many of them. It's not a lack of skill. It's a lack of free time to grind for 30 hours just to get a character I want. Now I don't care for god mode or anything silly like that. I just like to mod the world, character abilities and character appearance to my preferences. Hence why I play single player games. The worse is when they have games which have single player offline and multi-player online options. Yet they don't allow you to mod single player.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Because there's always an unfound backdoor that can be exploited. Pubg is a great example of this. Battleye was intended to find any such cheats and shut you down if you tried to cheat by introducing code, changing values etc. Unfortunately, it's software and as such has limits. It's limit was found by the sheer amount of avaible cheats, so Battleye got stricter and stricter until it reached a point where even a slight isp glitch or slowdown or brown-out in speeds was seen as an attempt to hack/cheat. Forums are full of ppl complaining that they were happily gaming and 'bam' kicked and banned for no reason other than isp slowdowns, their AV kicked in, windows updated, other other stupid reason that had nothing to do with the game.

There comes a time when ppl need to take responsibility for their own actions, it's a game, to be played. It's not a contest to be won by cheating your way through. Nor is it the manufacturers/hosts responsibility to police your actions. You should police your own. If ppl played the game as intended it be played, non of this would be happening, but there's always 1 bad apple somewhere. This time, the cheater author was nailed, and no matter the actual amount, he took money away from the company. Legally, that's called Theft. And the Judge nailed him for it.

Go Judge.

Baumy15

Reputable
May 12, 2014
Menyoo was awesome! it was the only feature rich menu that was compatible with redux mod. there goes all my GTAV fun.

Most of the cheaters i have found in GTAV online have been doing cash drops, the price of everything in every new update is insane so i can somewhat understand why they would do it, but for the people who use it to ruin other peoples games... well theres a special place in hell just for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS