[SOLVED] Jumping 20°C instantly when doing any load?

peti0127

Commendable
Jan 22, 2018
Is this normal? My 8700k is idling around 35°C but if I do anything, like open up a program, it jumps instantly to 50°C-60°C

Solution
D
Yes. When you do any task the CPU draws more power, hence increasing its temps. You can check the power draw with HWMonitor or any other temp monitoring software. I have the i7-8700 and in my case, the CPU jumps to 50-55C from 30-33 idle when I open up Firefox or whatever, and the power draw jumps from 7-11W to 45-55W for a brief moment.

As long as it's not throttling the clock speed when doing any intensive task for long amounts of time, like gaming or video editing, and the temps are alright, you're good.
D

Deleted member 2720853

Yes. When you do any task the CPU draws more power, hence increasing its temps. You can check the power draw with HWMonitor or any other temp monitoring software. I have the i7-8700 and in my case, the CPU jumps to 50-55C from 30-33 idle when I open up Firefox or whatever, and the power draw jumps from 7-11W to 45-55W for a brief moment.

As long as it's not throttling the clock speed when doing any intensive task for long amounts of time, like gaming or video editing, and the temps are alright, you're good.

Solution