Jumping vcore!

I3iggy

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
Hey guys and gals, this is a new problem for me... I know other people have posted about there vcore voltages jumping around a little, but mine is going anywhere from 0.72v to 3.42v! I've tried 3 different power supplies now, so I know that isn't the problem. Flashed the mobo to the latest version, still same thing. I tried setting the vcore to a specific voltage (1.52v) instead of the "automatic" setting the bios has. I'm currently getting my numbers from cpuid hardware monitor. Unfortunately I can't see the voltage in the bios though, it just says FAIL and occasionally flashes OK for a second or two. The mobo is a gigabyte GA-8IEP1000 v2.0 with a p4 2.8 (don't have the exact model number on me). I normally wouldn't have even noticed the vcore but the computer was randomly restarting itself so I started to dig and found this. Anybody know what might be the case?

I3iggy

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
nope all the caps look good. i'm in the process of completely rebuilding the thing right now. I didn't really want to (its just a work comp) but i don't know what else to do with the thing.