Just a bought a Second Hand PC, How to check if every component is working right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waleedfsd

Commendable
Feb 23, 2018
So I just bought a Second hand PC and I have seven days to return it If something is wrong with it. So what Tools can I use to check If my Components are working right, Especially the PSU (Becasue that thing seems Old).

I didnt buy this from a very Trust worthy Source Per say so how to check if My my PSU is providing Enough that its meant to provide and to check all the other hardwares too like RAM, CPU, GPU, HDD, SSD, Sound Card, Motherboard, ETC.

In other words can you please recommend those fancy Tools for checking the Hardware.

Solution
hwmonitor is a free software that allows you to see all the temps, voltages, timings, and speeds of basically every component.

Novabench is another free software that tests your hardware capabilities, I recommend it for testing your drive write speeds

other than those, find out what parts are actually in your pc and then we can help you find out if they are good quality

enauwen

Reputable
Nov 22, 2018
SSDlife for SSD, Furmark for GPU, Prime95 for CPU and RAM, both together should test your PSU as well, as the needed power drastically increases as your components are under full load. For HDD you can use a Windows Drive testing tool.

skywalkerqq

Honorable
Nov 5, 2017
hwmonitor is a free software that allows you to see all the temps, voltages, timings, and speeds of basically every component.

Novabench is another free software that tests your hardware capabilities, I recommend it for testing your drive write speeds

other than those, find out what parts are actually in your pc and then we can help you find out if they are good quality

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

Before you start actually using this system, you personally need to do a full wipe and reinstall of the OS and everything else.

What is the full parts list? Make/model, of everything.

memtest86 will exercise the ram.
Look at the make/model of the psu.
If the unit is a cheap unit, return the pc regardless unless you are willing to replace the psu.
Here is one list of psu quality:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

Try running a graphics stress test.
That will stress the psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.