Just a little question about low CPU temps

UltraFireFX

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
So My AMD FX-8350 (Stock settings) used to run at about 40-50 degrees (all measurements are done in Celsius) idle and 50-60 degrees under load, I cleaned out dust using compressed air and it dropped all temps by about 10 degrees, I then took off my cooler, cleaned the thermal paste of (of which there wasn't as much as I had expected) and put on some new paste and the temps have dropped by 10 more degrees (20-30 idle, haven't tested under load yet).

I know that these temps are better (lower is always better, in this case) but does it sound like false readings or does it sound about right?

P.S. These temps where recorded by the same version of Piriform's Speccy.

Solution
With stock cooler and factory thermal paste, you can expect temps from 20-40 idle and 60+ under load.

With better fan coolers or water coolers, you can expect temps from around 20 in idle and 40-60 under load.

CostaP

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2014
From the research that I did when i was searching for whats good temps for cpu/gpu, many threads/videos said cleaning dust, thermal paste (especially) will reduce temps about 10 celcius. So imo it sounds good to me. If you want cooler temps, then probably a new cpu fan, case fans.

Yonose

Distinguished
With stock cooler and factory thermal paste, you can expect temps from 20-40 idle and 60+ under load.

With better fan coolers or water coolers, you can expect temps from around 20 in idle and 40-60 under load.

Solution

CostaP

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2014

Youre question is about cpu temps right? Theres literally hundreds of threads (even on this website) that if you type it "good cpu temps?" will come up with loads. Ye dont select my answer as best haha as theres always more better professionals out there with a better answer than mine ! :)

Thisfor example http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2125155/good-temperature-cpu-motherboard.html

UltraFireFX

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013

By the way, I'm using the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO.

Yonose

Distinguished

Thats one of the better coolers, at least the popular coolers.